Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2021, 11:42   #1

Putting The Continuous Line on the Hood Fuller Help

So last year when getting the boat ready for winter storage I removed my continuous line from my older hood fuller on a 1984 Hunter H34. I just loosened the clamp screw and the bottom piece slid it down a bit and the line fell out. Now spring time and we are finally aloud back to our boats and I can not figure out how to get the continuous line back on. Did I make a rookie mistake taking the line off. My marina makes you take you mast down for winter storage and I thought I would leave the line with the boat. Will I have to cut the line to reinstall it back into the hood fuller and then stitch the line back together. Any help from someone who has done this before with out having t remove the front stay would be a huge help.
Thanks in advance.
horan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2021, 12:41   #2

Boat: sailing Shipman 28 / OE36 project
Re: Putting The Continuous Line on the Hood Fuller Help

My boat is equipped with Hood Seafurl 705 LD continuous line furler as well.

I would not cut the line. Usually their ends are spliced together not stitched. I'm not sure I would trust furling line that is stitched together. We use our furler to reef the genoa sometimes. The tension can get pretty high there.

Use a jib or spinnaker halyard to take tension off the forestay, loosen the stay and you can put the line back where it belongs easily.
mait is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hood