Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2018, 15:51   #16

Boat: O’Day 40
Re: Replacing standing rigging, looking for rigger recommendation East Coast USA

I have used Harney Yacht Rigging here in Annapolis (harneyyachtrigging@gmail.com) (703-283-2317) and have been well pleased. Trevor is very accommodating and willing to work with you. The company is just he and his father, very low overhead & excellent work at quite reasonable cost. He has raced with a buddy of mine & he knows what he's doing. One of the things I like is that he is willing to utilize whatever brand of materials you might want & although willing to make a recommendation, is not locked in to any one particular vendor. Would utilize his services again in a flash.

Lou K
O'day '34
LouK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 19:29   #17

Re: Replacing standing rigging, looking for rigger recommendation East Coast USA

St Mary's boat services in St Mary's GA Rocky Smith 19042192869. At the Florida/Georgia state line. Reasonable prices, onsite crane with operator, do it yourself or qualified licensed and insured contractors on site including rigger. This is a liveaboard boatyard as well. Full machine/welding shop as well as wood shop. Hurricane hole! Located just off the icw on the north branch of the St Mary's river. Feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have.
81Tartan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 12:21   #18

Boat: Presently between vessels

This is all great info. I am in Panama and would re-rig here but the wife wants to go north ASAP. We will make a dash for Florida during May.
RobPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 19:22   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by malyea View Post
Oasis Boatyard, St Augustine, FL and Rick and Sarah Gardner, riggers. PM me for
contact info if needed. You can’t do better!
Please relay contact info.
Old 21-04-2018, 01:50   #20

Boat: C&C 27 mk4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
You may find these videos interesting.

Rigging Videos

Drake Paragon Replacing Standing Rigging
Location = Oriental, NC, USA
Work was done at Sailcraft Boat Yard, Oriental.
Boat is Westsail 42
Part 1
https://youtu.be/CFelTot8K_s

Part 2
https://youtu.be/Vo_H1qmUroY

What makes a good rigger?
https://youtu.be/BJZvb6lV7sk

Turnbuckles
https://youtu.be/cJIH07wjQDw

Replacing a Forestay
https://youtu.be/hrpJfZTmgrw
This guy is really interesting, would definitely drop by if I were in the area
TernEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 11:32   #21

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPatterson View Post
Please relay contact info.
Sail Ready Rigging Services
Rick and Sarah Gardner
1318 Pappy St
St Augustine, FL 32084
sailreadyllc@gmail.com
904-484-6273
360-708-2305

Allie Cat is down there now for standing rigging and to finish up what we started with the running rigging. Very professional, communicative and even helped us find a slip at another marina while the work is being done. They make you feel as if yours is the only boat they are working on. Rick is also helping us modernizing with LED lights on the spreaders and any other improvements that can be done easily while the mast is sideways. This forum has been very helpful, as I was really confused in where and how to get this work done. Thanks to all the posters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DeRigged.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	168534  
iyamwhatiyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 11:17   #22

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

Not sure if he is still there- but Mark at Sailcraft Services, in Oriental, NC, is an amazing rigger at a great boatyard. Highly recommend.
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 13:01   #23

Sailcraft Services sounds great but they are up a creek with 6' of water most of the time.
Mark is no longer there.
Old 27-06-2019, 13:01   #24

Altitude Yacht Rigging is located in Palm City, FL They can service your rig and help you with rigging.

Home
ayrigging@gmail.com

Ask for Chris
AY Rigging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 10:37   #25
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Island Spirit 401 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsanta View Post
I had mine done. I used Jennings Boatyard in Reedville Virgina. A very DIY yard and used Bay area rigging. He can do the whole thing or part.
The boat yard is just off the bay just below the Potomac river. I'm just a happy customer. PM me for contact info me
I am interested in comments on Bay Area and would like to know how prompt they were and if any issues have shown up to date? Also what did Jennings charge to remove your mast?
Ostinato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 18:51   #26

Boat: Amel 53, Super Maramu

In Fort Lauderdale Nance & Underwood are top notch. Prices are middle of the road, and they really know their stuff. Call Rodger Underwood and talk about what you need.

I am picky about work like this and they did a great job on several boats I was involved with.
SVHarmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 19:20   #27
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Herreshoff Caribbean 50

Bought compression fittings,turnbuckles and wire from Peterson Stainless in the UK Fitting are reusable ! Go under the name hi-mod.com in USA Took About 2 days and lots of up down the mast LOL
Old 17-06-2020, 19:51   #28

Boat: islandpacket

It depends on how many need pulling at one time. He did several it was less than $200 each way out and in. But that was several years ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostinato View Post
I am interested in comments on Bay Area and would like to know how prompt they were and if any issues have shown up to date? Also what did Jennings charge to remove your mast?
Old 24-02-2021, 10:02   #29
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyamwhatiyam View Post
Sail Ready Rigging Services in St Augustine

by the way .. these folks are still around and can travel .. they are rigging the boat next to me in Jacksonville .. it was dismasted last year. the new wires and turnbuckles are things of beauty

Tags
east coast, men, rigging