Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2021, 16:06   #16

Re: Scorpio 35 Sloop 1982

Good to hear. Enjoy the boat!
Sailguy2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2023, 07:32   #17

Re: Cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by windpower View Post
That is really helpfull -- thanks so much Ardmore -- I'll get to work on this. Doing much cruising? Port Dalhousie is a great destination for a cross-lake trip on a weekend.

cheers
Joe
Hello Joe. Let me introduce myself. My name is John Anderson living in Port Elgin. My dad was the original owner of a 35 ft Scorpio built in Bayfield. I am trying to locate it. Only to find out where it has ended up, maybe a trip down memory lane. I'm not sure what hall # it is , but the true identifier will be the keel. My dad had issues with the keel dredging the harbour in Port Elgin. So he had around 2-3 feet removed. I believe the boat was sold and moved to the Hamilton area. But could be anywhere by now. Any information you could share as where I go from this forum would be greatly appreciated. Cheers John Anderson
Judojohnny2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2023, 19:44   #18

Hi John, I just came across your post today and it's possible that I own your dad's old boat. I'm not 100% certain, but at some point this boat was named Sundays Child and is painted yellow with a blue line. If you want to know more let me know. Cheers, Peter +++
ScorpioCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2023, 11:29   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioCrew View Post
Hi John, I just came across your post today and it's possible that I own your dad's old boat. I'm not 100% certain, but at some point this boat was named Sundays Child and is painted yellow with a blue line. If you want to know more let me know. Cheers, Peter +++
Hello Peter. Thank you so much for replying to me. I had but almost given up my quest to locate dads boat. I was very happy to receive your message. I'm hoping you could share more information with me and the family. Is your sailboat missing part of the keel ? This to me would be a sure sign we are talking about the same scorpio. Could you share with me the location of the boat ? Where are you located ? I would love to see her again. For a quicker response you could email me at judojohnny2000@yahoo.ca. eagerly waiting your response. Cheers from Port Elgin Ont.
Judojohnny2000 is offline   Reply With Quote