Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2013, 20:05   #1

Searching for ORION 3, Waratah twin keel yacht

In the 70's (1972-1974) my grandfather, Hendrikus appeldoorn built a 23ft yacht in thurlstane Tasmania. A "Waratah twin bilge keel masthead sloop". It was designed by DENNIS KNIGHT in Gosford N.S.W. My 'opa' died in 1989 and I am now 36 and living in Tasmania. It is my dream to find her. It was sold and sailed to King island in Bass strait around the late 70's. Using original photo's depicting the construction, I have uploaded a video to my youtube channel 23ft 'Waratah' yacht.Tasmania - YouTube . THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH TO GET MORE VIEWS OK. I genuinely want to know what happened to ORION 3 and where she is today. If by chance someone out there knows of her existance and current location I would love to hear from them. God may well smite you if you don't help me LOL. email me djyello77@hotmail.com or call me directly on mobile number :0457 079 242 (in Australia) if you have ANY information on this yacht.
djaustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 22:26   #2

Re: Searching for ORION 3, Waratah twin keel yacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaustralia View Post
In the 70's (1972-1974) my grandfather, Hendrikus appeldoorn built a 23ft yacht in thurlstane Tasmania. A "Waratah twin bilge keel masthead sloop". It was designed by DENNIS KNIGHT in Gosford N.S.W. My 'opa' died in 1989 and I am now 36 and living in Tasmania. It is my dream to find her. It was sold and sailed to King island in Bass strait around the late 70's. Using original photo's depicting the construction, I have uploaded a video to my youtube channel 23ft 'Waratah' yacht.Tasmania - YouTube . THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH TO GET MORE VIEWS OK. I genuinely want to know what happened to ORION 3 and where she is today. If by chance someone out there knows of her existance and current location I would love to hear from them. email me djyello77@hotmail.com or call me directly on mobile number :0457 079 242 (in Australia) if you have ANY information on this yacht.
I have uploade a heap of photo's of ORION 3 in my album. I hope that someone may recognise her based on how she looked back in the 70's.
djaustralia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keel, yacht