Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2020, 08:57   #16

Boat: Catalina 320
Re: Sirius 40 DS

I was interested in the 35, one review mentioned a price of 277,000 pounds (British) about $340,000 US, at the yard in Germany.
Calif.Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 11:28   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
I LOVE their boats.. you can choose twin keels, fin or center board... They maximize every square inch of that boat... Perfect!! Does anyone know what the general pricing would be for the 40DS? I know that it is very configurable, but just a general price?
We love their boats as well and have chatted with yard and other owners re price and process. While clearly prices fluctuate based on all kinds of things (currency exchange rates, inflation, delivery cost, your desires etc), And this is important bc they give you so many options and will do almost anything you want. So, Based on what we have learned one 40ds owner suggested a budget of close to 700K+- (USD) for a VERY well equipped 40 ds. We are interested in the 35 and are budgeting 4-500K USD. They are unique and exceptionally well built and pricey. Can’t take it with you
SV-Viento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 11:38   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calif.Ted View Post
I was interested in the 35, one review mentioned a price of 277,000 pounds (British) about $340,000 US, at the yard in Germany.
Keep in mind that like almost all new boats that is a VERY basic version. But based on our research close to their “sail a way” base version. If I remember correctly - the 35ds 2020 base price is a bit more.

If anyone is truly interested give them a call they are simply a wonderful group to work with and can give more detail.
Old 30-07-2020, 05:11   #19

Boat: Regina 43

I very seriously considered buying a Sirius 35ds as you get so much boat for the length. Quite honestly, unless you are taking lots of crew with you, no one needs a boat bigger than or with more features than the 35. But they are EXPENSIVE!!!! And I figured out I could get a boat of just as high quality, if not higher, and with the same features by buying a used Regina 43 and kitting her out as I liked. All for less money than it would cost to buy even a used Sirius 35ds.

As I said, great boats, especially if LoA and BoA scare you, otherwise there are better boats for less money on the second hand market that do exactly the same thing.
Na Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 07:09   #20

I fully agree.. I LOVE the Sirius and they are very well made with so much bang for the buck.. With the added layer of not having to pay too much for overall running cost, meaning haul outs, paint, mooring, etc... As they charge you for length.. So paying for a 35 - 40 footer is nice over time...

But, saying that, I have seen Oysters on the used market that I love for less, etc... Even other yachts with lifting keel, pilot house, etc...

So, very hard to choose... But they are awesome!!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:31   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
I LOVE their boats.. you can choose twin keels, fin or center board... They maximize every square inch of that boat... Perfect!! Does anyone know what the general pricing would be for the 40DS? I know that it is very configurable, but just a general price?
491.597 € 4 beds version ex VAT
LadyVicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:53   #22

Boat: Amel 50

As of August this year, the base price for a Sirius 40 DS was €502,521 excluding VAT, €598,000 including VAT. That price doesn't include any extras, nor does it include launching at Neustadt, which is an extra €3546 excluding VAT, €4220 including VAT.
acunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:47   #23

Still haven't seen one 35DS for sale on the secondhand market and that boat has been out 10 years. A few 310s, with one owner upgrading to a 35DS. Owners obviously very happy with their boats.

35DS was around 310k euro base ex vat 5 years ago I think.

The deck saloon market is heating up with the new moody 40DS. Torsten (owner of serius) himself even said the new Moody 41ds is a nice boat, a lot better than the 45ds he reckons in layout. 399k euro base. But balsa cored.
Yihang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:23   #24

Still haven't seen one 35DS for sale on the secondhand market and that boat has been out 10 years. A few 310s, with one owner upgrading to a 35DS. Owners obviously very happy with their boats.

35DS was around 310k euro base ex vat 5 years ago I think.

The deck saloon market is heating up with the new moody 40DS. Torsten (owner of serius) himself even said the new Moody 41ds is a nice boat, a lot better than the 45ds he reckons in layout. 399k euro base. But balsa cored.
Yihang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:23   #25

Boat: Sirius 310DS

Ohh that new Moody 41 looks nice!

But hey.... I got my boat, for life. Not changing out my Sirius 310DS
BakerHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:22   #26

Boat: Bavara 37/Soling 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerHansen View Post
This here is maiden voyage sailing from Germany to Norway, in StoreBælt. Not very deep waters.

https://youtu.be/2rvAIWEFIP4
I have been obsessing over these lately. Sure looks nice and dry in there.

Does that nav station have its own wheel, as I saw in the video by the owner?
NedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:28   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedX View Post

It’s is an option but they also offer an electronic steering option by raymarine that utilizes a small electronic control. The electronic option is IMO a much better solution - it Takes up almost no space and does not interfere with the chart table.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:39   #28

You can choose to have a steeringwheel inside as option, I choose not to. I have the autopilot (also with direct helm) on navstation as you see on my video. And if I want to sit in sofa I have remote controll.

Look at that shitty weather! We got up to start sailing from Neustadt at 0500 to find 5cm snow in cockpit. Think we cast off at 0700, then sailing 15h as we did first day after delivery? Then 7h sleep and another 27h sail direct up to Fredrikshavn. 2 days to clear out of EU and direct sail to Norway in almost too calm conditions.

Only reason we did stop to sleep was because the wind picked up even more as our first night came. We were comfortable with 2 reefs in main and full selftacker at 60` into 12+ m/s (as seen in video). Then wind started picking up more, and we called it quits and pulled in jib at 17-18 m/s and headed for shelter.

PS. The banging noise is a loose winebootle in fridge, soon to be consumed. I seldom sail sober, but never drunk ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedX View Post

Old 11-11-2020, 12:42   #29

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-Viento View Post
The electronic option is IMO a much better solution - it Takes up almost no space and does not interfere with the chart table.

You also don't lose steering feel like you do with the hydraulic system needed for a dual helm.

Matt
Old 11-11-2020, 12:56   #30

True about the lack of feel on hydraulic steering so the inside wheel is basically just in the way, so this is not a common option.

On the 310 the standard is tiller outside with option steeringwheel.
But then the cockpit gets smaller.... I miss having a steeringwheel, but not enough to regret my choise.
On the 35 wheel outside is standard... but that boat is Euro 100k more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjohnson View Post
You also don't lose steering feel like you do with the hydraulic system needed for a dual helm.

Matt