Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2019, 10:32   #16

Re: Slips, buy or rent

Welcome. Good luck in your upcoming boating adventures. A few suggestions.

1. Do not stress so much on asking prices. True for slips and boats. Check local court houses for 'selling prices'. Slips are real estate, so selling prices are usually public record.

2. If selling prices are as varied as the asking prices, many factors could be involved: location, proximity to parking, parking spot owned (?), or multiple spots, distance from shore to slip, distance to amenities, do all slips allow liveaboards (?). pumpout location, noise factors, developer owned or private sellers, real estate salespersons or dockmasters involved vs private seller. As with all real estate, some owners just have to or really want to sell.

2. I may have missed it since the pic is small, but I do not see any sailboats. Must be a reason for that.
Var Korall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 11:11   #17

Didn’t think of courthouse documents, I’ll look at that. I’m not stressing about the asking prices it just peaked my curiosity. I wouldn’t think 100’ less of a walk would be over double the cost of slips on the same T. As for the lack of sailboat I noticed that too on the google image but some of the pics on their website show about 3 or 4 but can’t say how big of a boat they are from the image. Their website shows 4’ draft but yet the listings say deep water slips. Not sure how often they update their site but they did post on their condo association Facebook that they were dredging all slips during the 2015 or 16 season. Still wanna go check it out for myself while boats are in the water yet so maybe the next week or two I’ll run down that way and see what’s up with the place.
Sly dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 07:00   #18

'Deep water' may refer to air draft, not water draft. It is often so in real estate ads/sales.
Var Korall is offline   Reply With Quote