Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 14:38   #256
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
I know. Its a heart stopper Pete7. My hands are white knuckled to the desk
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 14:39   #257

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child
The Union is a nice boat, sails well and that's not a bad price. 3rd Day is for sale down in Mazatlan too. Not sure what he's asking, but the boat has had extensive re-fitting. She'd be a great boat if you like ketches.

Thomas
Old 09-08-2010, 14:57   #258
cruiser

I keep floating in and out about those ketches Y66. One day I hate them, another day I think I should get one for balance. Somewhere in all of this mess in my life, a boat will show itself once again into my trail magic.
Old 09-08-2010, 15:12   #259
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
both in san carlos and in mazatlan are boats for sale where mom says--after cruising there from seattle or wherever----," no way!! is the boat or me---i am going back to montana- me or the boat. ..... you sell that horrid thing and come home. now. "

good deals on cruisers whose owners have lost heart after the first leg.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 15:19   #260
cruiser

i have no experience about off shore buying and more importantly how to get any equipment I will need in refitting. Also, getting boat back into USA. I realize there are good deals to be had at heart loss points in carib, mexico, panama, pacific islands.

Side note: you know, in some ways buying in Chesapeake or Maine is easier to start because you have sort of a protected cruising ground to shake down the boat a bit. Especially if your sea legs need reworking after so long.

*sigh Monday Boat Blues. I thought "Sad"-ur-day was bad.
Old 09-08-2010, 15:34   #261

los angeles is good also and sf--many boats in the delta...many boats in sin diego....i know--i found my formosa here for 10k--only needs a few repairs and i am outta here..... santa barbara is good for looking also..

my bubby says caturday is best day of the week....
Old 09-08-2010, 15:43   #262

saltymonkeyboy--buying a boat offshore or in maxico isnt that big a deal--keep her out of country for 1 yr --thankyou governator--and you are coool.....dona jenkins is a document company in san diego-=-they can tell you exactly what to do ---and they run title/lien search for you --and document for a fee....they are goooood...
Old 09-08-2010, 15:44   #263
cruiser

zeehag - i cannot wait to hear about your crazy adventures on the road. Should be a great time ahead!
Old 09-08-2010, 15:59   #264

saltymonkeyboy i can get ye a lift to mazatlan!!!!! or puerto escondido!!!

shuld be fun sailing adventure-- i had a ball in the gulf for a near year---bubby is now bored--isnt skeereded out of his lil feline mined anymore!!!

and third day would be an excellent boat--is a pearson--good cruisers...
Old 09-08-2010, 16:03   #265

Boat: Beneteau FIRST 42
Hey Salty,
After the post this morning I wanted to see if it was possible to pick up a boat really cheep.. so, I went for a walk on the docks.. asked around a bit and was told of a powerboat,34 foot, Mid 80s Silverton... added a picture, got the number from the harbor master and called the lady owning the boat..
Her husband passed away a few months ago and the kids live out of state and dont want the boat.. Her major concerns were the slip fees each month and the upkeep on the boat which hasnt been done as you can see..
She's sending me the title to the boat as I agreed to take over the slip fees..
The boat was FREE........
Now the good part...you know I'm headed south in a couple weeks and have no need for the boat.. as I'm washing it off, a guy walked up and started checking it out.. mentioned that I just picked it up in a little trading and he offered me
10K for it....as it sets...
It will take a few days to put it all together, title comming to me and the money from the other end but it shows there are boats out there to be had..
It May not be your "Ideal" cruising boat, and might be as far away from what you are looking for, but it puts you on the water and once you're on the water, you'll find the deals..
Just like buying a car, once you own it and its yours, you see them all over the place and at great prices......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0850.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	419.8 KB
ID:	18372  
Randyonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 16:04   #266

btw--smb----there is a westsail 32 right here for 25 asking--she said she will part with it for 20k. cashinhand
doesnt need too much--cushions and some lil stuff---engine runs... might need new sampson post but isnt a bad thing to change out---light blue trim and blue canvas----in sin diego -coronado on the moorings....
and what ^^^^^he sed there above me....for realz....
Old 09-08-2010, 16:39   #267

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Mexico buying is easy peasy

Here's a thread where I wrote my experiences for a guy buying in San Carlos a few months after I did. He's getting a great boat that wasn't available when I was looking or it'd have been on my short list. A 38' Roberts steel cutter better equipped than mine for 30k and also at seaofcortezyachts.com.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post471156

The Sea of Cortez is a fine protected area to shake it out. Like zeehag said, you bring it to Kali after 1 year from sale just to avoid the sales tax that the Gropenfuhrer changed from 90 days to 1 year. In the Sea they used to call it the 90 day yacht club. That's all I got today. cheers brother monkey.
Old 09-08-2010, 16:41   #268
cruiser

ROFL ! Randyonr3 you're are just crazycrazycrazy! What a crazy wild story that is! I LOVE it!

Thanks for that encouraging "trail magic" of yours! Can't wait to get some of that myself, but PLEASE keep it up!
Old 09-08-2010, 16:47   #269
cruiser

zeehag - thanks for the tip. I see some Westies down there, but I'm a bit apprehensive about 50 day passages to Galapagos (slow slow slow). Oh, and wooden decks! Almost bought one though 8 years ago in Sausalito.

Theres an aires I think down thataway too.

Oh hell, Rafikis, Ingrids, Fujis....think I need another folkboat, CD or a performance / cruiser this time around.
Old 09-08-2010, 16:51   #270
cruiser

speakeasy - thanks for the thread. I'll read over carefully