Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2019, 18:26   #16

Re: Wauquiez 42PS Interior? Similar boats?

My wife and I own a 46 '"true" deck salon (you can see the waterline from sitting in either the port or starboard settees) with two heads with standing showers, one port, one starboard. She has 350 gallon fuel and 300 gallon water tanks fiberglassed into the hulls below the waterline (surveyor informed us that the tanks will outlive us). The tanks, when full, add 5000 lbs to the 8000 lbs of lead ballast, plus provide hull ingress protection if ever holed. She has a full keel with cut out forefoot and a large canted rudder with 4" rudder post. The hull is one piece with lead inserted, so not at risk of losing the keel due to corroded bolts (there are non).

She is solid, built like a tank but sails like a dream, and will bash through 12 - 15 foot breaking seas in 35+ knots headwinds under power - at average speeds of 7+ knots at 1800 rpm using 1 1/4 gallons per hour. No B.S. - we have done this numerous times.

'Molly J' is a highly modified version of what started life as a Cal 2-46, designed by William Lapworth, designer of the Cal 40, and is in our humble opinion, the ultimate cruising 46' sailboat.

We have her 'leisurely' listed for sale through Tom Murray of La Paz Yachts. If you are interested in learning more please contact me (Jon Hansen) at 'svmollyj@yahoo.com' or contact Tom Murray at:

Toll-free: 1 (855) 225-2729
lapazyachts@aol.com (note: pictures on the La Paz website cut off the bottom 1/2 - for full pictures go to 'yachtworld.com' and pull up Cal 2-46's)
Local 011 52 (612) 123-1948
Mexican cell: 011 521 (612) 201-4039
Jonathan Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 22:32   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWISPEL View Post
Etap 46 DS

3 big rooms, real deck salloon, a lot of practical storrage and significant better build!!
Really nice boat. Good pricing as well. Here's one https://www.devalk.nl/en/yachtbroker...ETAP-46DS.html
zachscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 22:47   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hansen View Post
My wife and I own a 46 '"true" deck salon (you can see the waterline from sitting in either the port or starboard settees) with two heads with standing showers, one port, one starboard. She has 350 gallon fuel and 300 gallon water tanks fiberglassed into the hulls below the waterline (surveyor informed us that the tanks will outlive us). The tanks, when full, add 5000 lbs to the 8000 lbs of lead ballast, plus provide hull ingress protection if ever holed. She has a full keel with cut out forefoot and a large canted rudder with 4" rudder post. The hull is one piece with lead inserted, so not at risk of losing the keel due to corroded bolts (there are non).

She is solid, built like a tank but sails like a dream, and will bash through 12 - 15 foot breaking seas in 35+ knots headwinds under power - at average speeds of 7+ knots at 1800 rpm using 1 1/4 gallons per hour. No B.S. - we have done this numerous times.

'Molly J' is a highly modified version of what started life as a Cal 2-46, designed by William Lapworth, designer of the Cal 40, and is in our humble opinion, the ultimate cruising 46' sailboat.

We have her 'leisurely' listed for sale through Tom Murray of La Paz Yachts. If you are interested in learning more please contact me (Jon Hansen) at 'svmollyj@yahoo.com' or contact Tom Murray at:

lapazyachts@aol.com (note: pictures on the La Paz website cut off the bottom 1/2 - for full pictures go to 'yachtworld.com' and pull up Cal 2-46's)
Interior looks nice. I like either classic designs (spirit but way too expensive) or modern. Your boat is right in the middle. I hope she's very leisurely listed because you're at over double any other listed price for that boat.
Old 13-05-2019, 23:00   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
How do you get engine access ?
One would presume under the companionway.
Old 14-05-2019, 02:41   #20
djs

Mexican cell: 011 521 (612) 201-4039[/QUOTE]

She doesn’t appear in yachtworld.com search for me. Shame, because the la Paz website photo reproduction isn’t doing you any favours. Unless of course by ‘leisurely’ sale you mean you’re not really wanting to sell her, which I can understand.

I’m in the market for a pilot house sailboat, and with that protected cockpit molly j could be a poor man’s pilot house. I agree that many yachts described as deck saloon are nothing of the kind.

Sadly she’s out of my budget.

Dave
djs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 18:26   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachscs View Post
One would presume under the companionway.
The engine is under the sink in the galley. Starboard access is through the cabinet doors under the galley sink for changing the oil filters (full flow filter plus Frantz by pass filter) plus fresh water access to the Bowmar heat exchanger. For all other access (injectors, raw water pump, throttle and transmission linkage, Walker Air Sep closed crankcase air filter, etc.) there is a standing height engine room (6' by 6' by 4'0) port side, accessible through a full length door in the master stateroom head. A 4 kw Westerbeke diesel generator is also on the port side of the engine room underneath the work bench and vise. Fourteen inch deep cabinets in the engine room are for storage of tools and spare parts.
Old 15-05-2019, 18:51   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post

She doesn’t appear in yachtworld.com search for me. Shame, because the la Paz website photo reproduction isn’t doing you any favours. Unless of course by ‘leisurely’ sale you mean you’re not really wanting to sell her, which I can understand.

I’m in the market for a pilot house sailboat, and with that protected cockpit molly j could be a poor man’s pilot house. I agree that many yachts described as deck saloon are nothing of the kind.

Sadly she’s out of my budget.

Dave[/QUOTE]
To see photos that haven't been cut off the bottom half go to yachtworld.com and choose english, plus used sailboat, show the make as a Cal, length 46' only (so 46' to 46'). List vintage 1970 - 2000). Leave the price blank (and yes, I am aware that the price is more than double the next listing). That should work. Also to clarify, "Leisure sell" means no hurry to find the right buyer, or maybe that the right buyer will be the one that finds her. It may also mean that she won't be selling her anytime soon, as we are very much living the dream on her currently down in Isla Navidad Resort and Marina, Colima, MX ()

Tags
boat, interior