Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2010, 10:38   #16

Boat: Sundance 23
Beautiful boat. Just got into the lifestyle myself. Welcome.
Old 15-06-2010, 11:29   #17

Boat: 1969 Coronado 25ft- SALINE
thanks everyone!!!! It is so exciting!!!! i am a photographer too, so I am thrilled about the new shots I will be able to get from on the water, as well.
I had a case of butterflies yesterday as I was constantly keeping my eyes on the clock waiting, and waiting for five thirty to get here, so we could meet (marty) the previous boat owner, and make things final. These weren't the nervous butterflies, but different, A good different. That feeling we use to get whenever we would pack for our weeks vacation in Negril, Jamaica, or upon an Ocean Liner cruising the caribbean, but this feeling was even better and more intense! My hubby said I was pacing yesterday morning. I think i am more excited than him!!! and this was his idea/dream to buy a boat.
We will be going back to the marina to make things final with the slip, and insurance stuff this afternoon, and to move another crate onto the boat. As for my boat shoes I think they are spiveys brand , or spideys something like that, but I want 2 a flip flop style, and the traditional loafer style.
We have been searching for new things to put on our little boat. I have been trying to learn the new boat terminology. I need a rope tying book! So many things to learn. such an adventure ahead of us.
We already have a list of things we want!
1. air conditioning....suggestions?
2. GPS
3. fabric to make curtains & recover the cushions (I sew)
4. tiller cover
5. make new cushions as some were missing from the little single coffin like bed that I won't be sleeping in, the dinette that folds down is where I will rest my head at night.
thanks everyone!! is it Friday yet!!
kevsters wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 11:55   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay58 View Post
She looks like a fine boat, the interior wood work looks great! I think she's perfect for a "first" boat. We started on a Cal 9.2, and loved sailing her in Lake Texoma for a couple of seasons before we purchased Echo, our Morgan O/I 41 and are living aboard her in Ingleside Tx. I know you will have a great time learning to sail her, and treat yourself, buy 2 pairs of deck shoes!! Welcom aboard!!
Hey, I lived there at Bahia. Say high to Keith and Carol. Ken (formerly on Satori)
Ken on Satori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 12:05   #19

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461
Congrats! Hope the deal goes through. I can feel your excitement all the way here (MN, at the moment ) - It's wonderful!

Fair winds!

Sailndive
Sailndive345 is offline   Reply With Quote