Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2023, 14:41   #76

Boat: triangle pilothouse 32
Re: What Sailboat cabin doesn't feel like a hole?

Never called it a hole. My wife and I used to call it the basement. Couple little windows you are peaking out of if you think something is a miss. I get your issue. We bought and old motorsailer and she is a wonderful boat to live on. That is her general purpose. I think she far exceeds a sailboat her size in livability. But she is certainly a trade off between a pure trawler and a true sailboat. You can put sails out and burn zero fuel. But I would not take this boat offshore beyond nice day sailing or costal sails in settled weather. Too many windows. Great for just dubbing around the east coast. I love some of the blue water pilot house boats but like you they were far out of my budget. I have considered a trawler. I love to put the sails out though and just silence that engine. https://www.grampianowners.com/Other...ngle_32_3.html
squarpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2023, 09:08   #77

You must be comparing it to a house?

It doesn’t really bother me until morning coffee in which it would nice to look out a window in the winter. Summer time is not a issue as I have coffee topsides.
Non issue for myself a livaboard.
Goodxcharly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2023, 09:23   #78
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

you must be comparing a monohull to a catamaran with a nice back porch and sliding glass doors
Old 30-03-2023, 19:50   #79

Boats with owners who have free time & money usually end up pretty well off. Maybe if it feels like a hole, put in better lighting. Some new cushions, throw pillows, a gentle soundtrack, some good smelling food in the galley.... if all one does is throw crap in it then yes - it'll be a hole no matter who dug it or how much it cost.
Indefatiguable is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, cabin, sail, sailboat