Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2015, 19:37   #1

pirate XANADU leaves for ensanada out of wilmington finally! westsail 32

hello: i had asked for info regarding southern california to ensanada a few month's back. i got a some great information. thank you very much.
im going to daysail and anchor each night or grab a mooring ball. my plan is to leave outta yacht haven marina, wilmington, ca and head for two harbors for the night.
then head for dana point for the night.
from there i was told to head for mission bay. does anyone know how many miles this trip is?
from there i was told san diego. does anyone know the miles between mission bay and san diego?
from there i was told to head for 'south island' coronado islands mexico. does anyone happen to know the mileage for this trip.
does anyone have a better itenerary for a guy who's single handing and wants to sleep each night?
id appreciate any input as im not from around here..most of my sailing was done in the puget sound/seattle/san juans.
however; i do have a lot of experience with ocean sailing. AK, se AK the inside passage, bering sea fisherman, Russia (sea of ohkosk), norway, florida, all over but never southern cal.
so input on other stops along the way would be great.
i'd really like to know the distance if anyone has it offhand.
i do have my charts and i'll look it up there but if you know of other moorings/mooring balls or anchorages that would be better or make it a easier shorter sail for me that's fine too..im in no hurry..dont mind stopping every 4 to 5 or 6 hrs im hoping every 6 hrs i can find an anhorage or maybe even a little less.
thank you.
Stephen
s/v XANADU
westsail 32
i'll be continuing to post my adventure up on youtube.
here's a link to find my video's. if you click on the yellow convertible camaro (which i'll be changing this picture soon) then click on video's you'll find a bunch of video's of my getting the boat ready. i'll document me leaving and entering ports and sailing along the way when i can upload them to youtube. thank you
https://www.youtube.com/results?
search_query=stephen+ronning+xanadu
elskede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 20:05   #2

Boat: Cascade 36
Re: XANADU leaves for ensanada out of wilmington finally! westsail 32

This guy has some pretty good info for you on distances between various southern California locals. Check a few of his other entries lots of stuff there.

Captain Curran's sailing blog: Sailing from San Diego to Los Angeles: nautical miles and time for a boating trip (Mission Bay, Dana Point, Newport Beach, Huntington Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor, Marina del Rey)

The link below can also be fairly handy when trying to figure out distances. It does take a little but to get the hang of it but I I find it potentially useful.

Navigation tools - Google Maps Distance Calculator
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 16:27   #3

Boat: Newport 28 II

Have pleanty of fuel
Every time I was down there no wind to speak of also,very cold when the sun go's down.
Good luck
tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 16:35   #4

Boat: C&C 38'

You do know how to navigate and have charts you can measure distances on don't you?
Old 02-08-2015, 18:26   #5

Boat: Westsail 28

Stephen , love your vids ! Looking forward to more . By the way did you ever meet a guy named Mike he owns Nickel Dime a Westsail 32 , he was in your area out fitting the boat and heading for Alaska via Hawaii .
markwesti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail