Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2016, 09:07   #1

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
2 Thumbs Up for DIY at Citadel Marine in Tacoma.

I hauled out my Crowther last week at Citadel. So far the experience has been very pleasant. They have a Sealift so beam issues are non-existent and the rates are cheaper than Port Townsend. And they don't charge for weekend lay days. BTW there is a Catana 472 there now.
They allow DIY work with the exception of bottom work. I am allowed to apply bottom paint but absolutely no prep work can be done because of the environmental restrictions. So that is what I'm doing.
I'm also fixing the nicks and dings here and there. I was concerned about possible water egress in the core from 2 scrapes but the wet area was just inches from the damage. I think the West System really blocked that because the core was epoxy saturated during construction so there is no place for the water to go. What a relief! I used West for all the repairs.
I'm also straightening out some appearance issues like the rear of my beams which were never faired very well.
A new Panther outboard motor bracket and a Yamaha 703 remote control make the Yammy 9.9 very user friendly now.
My tramps were never installed correctly because there were no supports fore and aft. When you step on them the sink about a foot and you feel like you are going through. I'm installing eye straps and will relace them into a proper design.
I was hoping to splash on April 18 but rain is predicted this week so we'll see.

I tore my rotator cuff a few years back and hadn't done much sailing or winching until I purchased this tri and have come to a conclusion that it is just to painful for me to really enjoy it. I will be putting Lung-Ta on the market after the work is completed. She would be a serious R2AK contender.
$35,000 When she's all done I will post in the for sale forum.

Tags
marine