Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2019, 15:38   #1

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
4 Cats at the Seattle Boat Show

I just got back from the SBS. The forecast predicted sun after 10 AM and they were totally wrong. It was grey and breezy and actually kinda chilly especially in bare feet.
In attendance were a 10 year old Seawind 1160, Nautitech Open 40, FP Lucia 40 and a Lagoon 40. I though the N40 had the nicest interior, The FP had the best helm position and the Lagoon had the best imitation of Ikea furniture.

The N40 seemed like a step above the other 2 new boats in everything. I liked the rainwater catchment system.

This FP had a full enclosure including the helm and this being the PNW I really liked that. I think all the lines led to the helm and maybe that may be too busy but it seemed like it would work. I thought it had good visibility. One odd thing was the mast was spliced about half way up, I wonder if they come that way or maybe it was due to the shipping.

The Lagoon was fine but just didn't seem that spectacular by comparison.

But really the Seawind interior was a step up and looked really nice for it's age. And this was a charter boat.

I'm a maroon because it didn't click that I should have worn something easy to slip on and off my feet. The cats were all in a row separated by some monohulls so I just left my sneakers off. My tootsies were cold after I finished with the last boat. Gloves would have been nice too.
There was a broker just a few miles away that had just listed a Catana 472 and advertised for any boat show people to stop by and visit, so I did. We walked out to the dock and there is the Catana tied up to 2 Atlantics, a 48 and a Mastfoil. I should have taken a pic, dang it. I toured the C472 and it needed some exterior TLC but it had that spectacular cherry interior and was super primo inside. I did a quickie on the Mastfoil and it was like new inside and out, very nice. I didn't tour the 48 but it looked like it needed just a little refresher on the exterior.

The Boat Show runs through next weekend and it's only $16. They have another big venue inside a few miles away but I didn't bother because it was mostly smaller power boats and vendors. There's a free shuttle between if you want to go there. Go early because it gets really crowded by noon.
Old 27-01-2019, 21:57   #2

Re: 4 Cats at the Seattle Boat Show

Saturday was great, but very crowded at the docks. Bummed that I missed the Catana.
Wdlfbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 22:24   #3

Boat: Harbor 20, Seawind 1370 (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
There was a broker just a few miles away that had just listed a Catana 472 and advertised for any boat show people to stop by and visit, so I did. We walked out to the dock and there is the Catana tied up to 2 Atlantics, a 48 and a Mastfoil.
Who was the broker? Do you have an address? I'd love to see the Mastfoil.

Thanks

Mark
Mark424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 04:54   #4

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Mark, Swiftsure Yachts, 2500 Westlake. They had boats at the show also but no cats. Here is the ad. If you go take a pic of the 3 of them and post it here.

Thanks

Bobber
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...a-472-3501603/
Old 29-01-2019, 07:59   #5

Wow thanks so much for posting this! My wife and 8 year old and I are going to the show this weekend specifically to look at the 40' Cats. We've looked at the FP Lucia they have there but not the other three. That's awesome you found out about the Catana, I'm going to reach out the Mark and see if we can have a look at that sometime Saturday as well. We'll snag some pics while we're there and post them here.

Thanks!

Scott
skeeter99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, boat show, seattle