Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 16:38   #1

Boat: Admiral 38 Catamaran - afLOAT
Admiral Catamaran

Hello all, I am a newbie to the site. My interest in imminent retirement is purchasing a catamaran for Caribbean circumnavigation and perhaps westward at some point. I have chartered Lagoons in the BVI's and next month we are chartering a 3 year old liveaboard Admiral 38 from the owner. The Admiral is a contender for my purchase (crew of 2 only) and as it will be for sale later this year next month's charter is a good "test run" for us. Admirals are a fairly new entry into the modern cruising world (S. African boat) and so I see very little commentary on them. Given the expertise on this board, I would be very pleased to receive comments on the Admiral 38, owner's 3 cabin version. This one is essentially the Admiral 38 Executive version but it does not have A/C. Anxious for comments - thanks!
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 17:31   #2

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Hi Teej,

The Admiral 38 is hardly a new entry, as it has been around for many years and has recently been remodeled into the Admiral 40 (I don't think the 38 is available anymore). Search around the forum here - there were several threads discussing Admirals.

Mark
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 17:50   #3

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
You can look here.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ats-10259.html
There are many places that mention the Admiral but the search function I have never had much luck with.
I just read most everything.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 18:24   #4

Boat: Admiral 38 S/V Windigo
I own Windigo Admiral 38 and realy love the way she sails, even though i've not had a lot of experance sailing her in the blue I can tell she is very fast. The day I took her out on the sea trial in Tortola we were making 11.1 knots in 15 to 20 knots wind speed. I hired a captian to deliver her to Ft Lauderdale and he told me that he was doing 17.3 knots in fourteen foot swells, which seems likley as far as my experance go's. Long story short i'am refiting her for my own use now.

keith
Wildrice is offline   Reply With Quote