Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2023, 05:31   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi 40
Aftermarket Support

Hi All,

My wife and I are considering buying a new catamaran to live aboard and cruise in once our kids have finished high school. We are particularly interested in Seawind.

I wonder if any of you are able to comment on the quality of aftermarket service you have received from Seawind or other catamaran builders?

Cheers,

Geoff
Pelagic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 05:43   #2

Re: Aftermarket Support

"Post-Sales" Support.

"Aftermarket" is relegated to the secondary market (e.g. 3rd party).
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 14:26   #3

Location: San Francisco Bay Area for me. The boat is in the Caribbean.
Boat: X5+ Catamaran, 53’

The rumor mill says that Seawind is having some financial difficulties of late, which may or may not impact the post-sales assistance. I'd look to some owners (there is a FB group) and ask them directly.
I have an Xquisite X5+ and have been very happy with the post-sale care. I know a few folks with other brands that are less than happy, but since that isn't first hand I won't name names. A YouTube search would likely help. One channel went public about Leopard. I did see Leopard's 2022 fleet in Cape Town when I was there and spoke to some of the workers. Seemed like they were fixing a lot of stuff that the factory screwed up while still at the V&A waterfront marina before being loaded onto ships. But, a lot was maybe 5 and they make hundreds a year, so hard to draw a real conclusion from that.
Sbonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 16:14   #4

Boat: Seawind 1190 sport

I bought a Seawind 1190 which was delivered in march 2021. I had some problems related to freezing in plumbing and one of the heat exchangers, and some issues related to my hydronic heater. They were absolutely great to deal with, despite distance and covid measure crap. They also put in measures to avoid freeze damage during delivery in the future (some shipping routes go through cold climates even when delivering to warm climates. long and short - everything got fixed. I think the design of the boat is excellent, the construction / fit and finish exceeded my expectations, and overall the company has been brilliant to deal with - really good people.

Doug
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 17:10   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbonder View Post
The rumor mill says that Seawind is having some financial difficulties of late,
They have an order book years out, they have just opened a new factory in Turkey for a new line. So I dont know where you are getting your rumours from. In Australian Parlance I would brand that a Furphy.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2023, 19:54   #6

I Purchased two Seawinds original 1000 and then a 1260

The company everyone I work there have been absolutely great to deal with

They fix warranty items out for a year and Pastthat with a specific issues.

They Kept us updated on new things, they have orders for years I doubt they’re in financial trouble and I’m very happy with both our boats recommend them highly
Wrtaylormd is offline   Reply With Quote