Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2016, 07:36   #61
cruiser

Re: Annapolis Sailboat show thoughts

What is the Hull Sticker option for $17,007?
MNGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 09:30   #62

I have no idea.
Leszczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 09:57   #63

Interesting, here is the price in Euro FOB France):

CATAMARANS LAGOON 42, 4 cbs, 4 heads

ENGINES 2 x 57hp Yanmar
STANDARDBOAT 299.147

EQUIPMENTPACK 19.844
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT 38.928
TRANSPORTLAUNCHING,
RIGGING& ANTIFOULINGLA-ROCHELLE 10.446
TOTALPRICE 368.365

You need to increase it by 10% to get to US$, but a huge difference in price. It does not have genset or aircon, but still almost 170K difference. Particularly in the cost of options
alex_sauvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 11:20   #64

Boat: Lagoon 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNGator View Post
This option is for a protective sticker for the entire hull, much like a screen protector for a smartphone or tablet. Hull #1 had it applied and it gives the hull a grayish appearance. It looked OK and it may help protect the hull from scuffs and scratches, but the sticker itself gets scuffed, scratched, and torn - so it accomplishes very little aesthetically.

I have hull #138 on order and IMHO it will be hard to get a truly cruise-ready, fully-loaded (A/C, genset, solar, extra tankage, full cruising electronics, Code-0, WM, etc.) 2017 model for less than $540K-$550K. If one can take advantage of the current exchange rate (buy in Euros) you can make a very, very sweet deal and beat the North American price! I did not order my boat fully loaded, but well-equipped and I would estimate another $25K-$35K to get her there. Of course, it doesn't take a fully-loaded boat to be a great cruising boat.
Jim Woodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 12:25   #65

Boat: Hanse 348

Lagoon 42 in USD is $500 for an 'ok' equipped model. $550 is the price with all the 'extras' that Jim states. Which aren't really extra for most people. You can save a bunch by foregoing AC and genset.

Unfortunately, Lagoon was only allowing US customers to purchase in Euros for the 450 and above. When I purchased my 380 a year ago, I bitched like crazy that they were making a ton on the arbitrage. The dealers are offering 'discounts' to make up for this, but I believe it is still 8% they are making on the exchange (not sure if it is all lagoon, all dealer , or a combination).

FP was allowing all boats to be purchased in Euros a year ago. I don't know if this is the case currently.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 12:46   #66

Funny how it works only one way: now that GB pound is crashing dealers in GB quote boat prices in Euro in order to avoid losing money on sale. But when currency is high (as in US$) they charging more than exchange rate would warrant.
However I am a little bit confused how they can charge US "customers" different amount of money than customers in Europe?? What stopping one from contacting dealer in Europe and buying boat through him/her. Does it matter were money are coming from? Particularly if one wants to put boat into charter for 5-6 years, it is not even going to be located in USA
alex_sauvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 07:00   #67

Boat: 2019 Saona 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNGator View Post
As others have said, it is a protective, and I use that term lightly, vinyl wrap that can be applied to the hull. The 42 that was just sold here in South Texas had it and it was awful in my opinion. it was like it would develop tears just passing by a dock. I am sure that it protected the hull, but starts to look terrible in rapid fashion. Again, in my opinion it is certainly not worth the $17K.
HighTemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 11:25   #68
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 65 Sailing/Fishing catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elimax View Post
If budget was not an issue, the nicest vessel fit and finish wise in our opinion was the Xquisite X5. The amount of storage space was simply amazing. The wife really liked the "walk in alcove" as close as she is going to get to a walk in closet. Always nice to dream.......
Can you really say you liked those interior walls material effect?

And can you really say you liked the exterior lines on that vessel?

If so then I must REALLY be old school
Old 20-10-2016, 12:41   #69

Does any body have the price list for the 400? I'd like to compare to the 42 and 450.
Kentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 12:45   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentm View Post
Does any body have the price list for the 400? I'd like to compare to the 42 and 450.
I'll look to see if I can find the one I got about 3 weeks ago.
A fairly well equipped owners version came in around $480K delivered to Texas on its own bottom.
Old 20-10-2016, 12:59   #71

Annapolis Sailboat show thoughts

I was in Miami to see the 42 last year, have looked at used 40's older 42's . They did not have a 40 in Miami so did not get a price list. I'm about 18 months out from making decisions. I'm deciding how to deal with my home. The usual things rent/sell, depreciating and appreciating. Between investments, exchange rates, real estate, and boats their are a lot of markets to watch. I like to avoid needless transactions, they really add expense.
Old 20-10-2016, 13:14   #72

That 42 that was at that show just sold here in Texas.
Old 20-10-2016, 13:19   #73

Annapolis Sailboat show thoughts

A lot of traffic on that boat! I walked all over it over three days. My wife fell in love with the boat. At 570k new it's a little more than I would like to pay. I doubt there will be used and reasonably priced 42's available when I'm ready. Who knows? Maybe
Old 21-10-2016, 07:55   #74

I was in Miami to see the 42 last year, have looked at used 40's older 42's . They did not have a 40 in Miami so did not get a price list. I'm about 18 months out from making decisions. I'm deciding how to deal with my home. The usual things rent/sell, depreciating and appreciating. Between investments, exchange rates, real estate, and boats their are a lot of markets to watch. I like to avoid needless transactions, they really add expense.

Very true on the cost of prep transactions really adding up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Sail power sail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 15:41   #75

[QUOTE=Very true on the cost of prep transactions really adding up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app[/QUOTE]

Sell the house 10% brokerage fee, buy the boat 10% brokerage, decide its to big or small, slow or fast, and sell10% then decide to go back to land, buy a house and another 10%. I don't begrudge any of the brokers their fee or living, but it ads up fast.

Just like parachuting it pays to get it right the first time! [emoji3]

Tags
annapolis, boat show, sail, sailboat