Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2024, 13:34   #61

Boat: Lagoon 380
Re: Be careful with buying Marsaudon TS42 / ORC 42

Follow up video. He was invited to GLY by one of the founders.

https://youtu.be/bsnpnBhaZnI?si=GjGN8SlIGLvFQMCE
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 14:16   #62

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyne View Post
Follow up video. He was invited to GLY by one of the founders.

https://youtu.be/bsnpnBhaZnI?si=GjGN8SlIGLvFQMCE
Thats how you do it GLY, you still bought the brand name and his heritage. And it wouldn't cost them a huge amount of money and if the guy is smart and would request my purchase back and let outremer build me one...sure they are willing to do a deal, win win for both
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 15:19   #63

It's very much in GLY's interests to find a good outcome here.

They're going to be using the Lorient yard for production of their own boats, so if they do a first class repair job and Mr Lawson sings their praises, that's great marketing. Even the fact of engaging in the discussion and this resulting video is a positive for them.

If Mr Lawson recovers the boat and GLY start work, there is shared risk here.

Even though the deal on the table is repairs 'at cost', GLY will lose some production capacity while work is underway, so the cost to them is the profit they could have earned during that time.

The risk to Mr Lawson is also real though, since neither he nor GLY can know how extensive the required repairs are beyond what has already been discovered, and therefore he cannot know what that cost will be. Plus there's undoubtedly some loss of asset value from the collapse of Marsaudon and the negative publicity surrounding this specific boat.
Flobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 15:42   #64

Boat: Boatless but working on it

Yes, a smart move but they have absolutely no obligation. They did not buy the company but instead some of the assets.
I think this will end well all around and the owner is very fortunate that GLY have decided to step up to the plate. Bravo.
Alistair242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 09:48   #65

Thats the different of dumb incapable and a smart management that makes out of desaster for both sides a win win for both and is definitely cheaper then a lot of marketing budget in the end, helps both reputation of GLY and outremer as well as masourdon brand.
First they learn what all went wrong, 2nd they can practice on his TS42 for free how to fix all the errors they done and if buying a TS42 it would be his because i know its all fixed properly. So it helps both side. And well if he decides to take the purchase price make a deal and get an outremer, sure they are willi g to offer a good deal, again win win for both. GLY has nothing to loose but a lot to win here and inveatment is a bit time from the managemenht and the laywers to help to solve that issue to get ship/money out to enable a solution. Very smart move!!! A lot of other companies should follow, that gives positve press,loyal customer and cheaper in the end then f... lawyers...as only lawyers win but both manufacturer and customer loose if if one sides wins the case. Everybody does mistakes, the big differences is how you take responsibility and fix them...doing right you have customers for life, doing bad you have enemies for life...both cost you roughly the same but whats better?
Old 10-03-2024, 17:00   #66

Boat: C&C 27 Mk V

Dude should take the $ and run away with an Aussiecat.
Old 10-03-2024, 17:19   #67

Boat: Lagoon 380

Right now there is no money or fixing the boat. That is all wishful thinking. The Administrator will not engage with the owner. It is easy right now for GLY to say they will fix the boat when they or the owner can't get to the boat until the bankrupcy is resolved.
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2024, 18:00   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyne View Post
Right now there is no money or fixing the boat. That is all wishful thinking. The Administrator will not engage with the owner. It is easy right now for GLY to say they will fix the boat when they or the owner can't get to the boat until the bankrupcy is resolved.
Thats true.
I just can't understand how you can hand the boat over without getting paid....i would have not hand over papers and boat till i have the money on my account or a bank garauntee that it will be on my account in latest x days. Payment against papers 1 for 1, nothing else especially not after you win a court case against them over years...

Tags
buying