Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2015, 15:26   #31

Boat: Alloy Peterson 40
Re: Big, Fast, And Available Trimaran?

http://www.seaboats.net/13m-performa...idp652479.html

From James Burwick, anastazi racing. Very Nice looking tri $us 119k

Sent from my HTC_0PCV2 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 26-09-2015, 12:55   #32

Boat: still looking for the right Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpetrel View Post
13m Performance Trimaran - The boat was designed by John Shuttleworth in ... - SeaBoats

From James Burwick, anastazi racing. Very Nice looking tri $us 119k
Thats not a Burwick design.... its a John Shuttleworth Design, but same this is not totally correct, as the amas/outriggers had been taken from a former project in 2000, I think they had been build in Finland or Norway by another designer.

So kind of Designer-hybrid boat... it took very long to be built, from 2004-2007/2008... and then dismasted in 2011 during Fastnet race. 2012/2013 it was not sailed and refitted in 2014.

So this boat already has a story to tell :-)
Skip JayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 16:29   #33

Boat: Alloy Peterson 40

Sorry, burwick is the sales agent. I never ment to imply he designed it. Just want to make sure he gets a cut! Sure looks like A great boat at an affordable price.

Sent from my HTC_0PCV2 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 28-09-2015, 08:55   #34

Boat: Outremer 42

I've bought through Phillipe Echelle before and he is knowledgeable and will not push you towards something that won't work for you. I don't know about his in-depth knowledge of what is on offer on the US atlantic coast but he certainly knows about the med and europe in general.
Just a satisfied customer....
out42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 02:29   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by out42 View Post
I've bought through Phillipe Echelle before and he is knowledgeable and will not push you towards something that won't work for you. I don't know about his in-depth knowledge of what is on offer on the US atlantic coast but he certainly knows about the med and europe in general.
Just a satisfied customer....
Good to know... I am in contact in Phillipe for my own search, looking for a Trimaran in the range of 35-40 foot... :-)

Do you have a picture of your boat, out42 ?
Old 04-10-2015, 06:55   #36

Hi Skip

There is a Condor 40 for sale in Texas which might be of interest to you. Have you seen it on sailboat listings?
nalinjay1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:16   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinjay1974 View Post
Hi Skip There is a Condor 40 for sale...
Tks Nalinjay... huhu... yeah... that beauty looks like a "biest".... waiting for a fly ! This boat seems to have lots of temperament. :-) Remembers me little bit a Warbird of Klingons

Indeed, I like the concept of Condor 40 (so far what I have seen by photos but yet not sailed one personally). Boats regularly in a good prize-value range.

Its a boat of nearby 30 years of age... that time they had been built in Annapolis during 1985 till 1991. The basic idea of the design was to create a competitive OSTAR (Class 3) sailor. So it can be sailed well "single handed".

A mix of feelings seeing this boat evokes in me. Very strange... I am wondering about myself as mostly I like "elegant lines" like those of Kurt Hughes Trimarans.

In our times this Condor design has a kind of retro-vintage look... Taking a first look at you know: "its an old design" (by Phil Herting and Mick Price). Lurking at the details of the lines you see the potentials and quickly knowing: it still can be a competitive boat in the cruising-racing segment.

From far distance the boat evokes a very, very different picture... remarkable the uplifted daggerboard. E.g. this one built in 1989 which was sold two years ago. Not knowing where "La Perla Negra" (name of this boat) is sailing now.

This is something which is fascinating me again and again seeing such Trimarans "with character + personality"... I dont get tired of.

Like you look at the "old J-Class", ancient America's Cuppers or Schooners in the tradition of "Tea Clippers". You see them and know on first view: they are fast boats making a sailor's heart happily.

I will check it out... need some more details rarely infos given about this "white biest". Regularly I dont like tillers.

But seeing this boat I say: it cant have a wheel steering. Very strange. What is going with me ?? haha...

Let's see ! - Tks again.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:40   #38

Boat: a sailing boat

Neel.

Or an older ORMA 50.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:34   #39

Yes it definitely has a space age quality! I think they are an attractive Tri but I accept it is not to everyone's taste.

You can retrofit a wheel. I know someone who has done this on his Condor and it works very well.

This boat has an inboard diesel and other modifications.

There is a good Condor owner's website. They are old boats but they have excellent performance according to those I've spoken to who know them well
nalinjay1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:06   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinjay1974 View Post
You can retrofit a wheel.
haha... a retro-fit for a retro-look... hm. Might look then something like this, hm ? Lately found one.
Old 04-10-2015, 13:39   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip JayR View Post
Good to know... I am in contact in Phillipe for my own search, looking for a Trimaran in the range of 35-40 foot... :-)

Do you have a picture of your boat, out42 ?
Pic included but sadly not a tri! After 3 farriers, accommodation demands that I went to a cat and hence this my second Outremer. Why Outremer? Because they are the nearest I could get to the performance of a tri with cat accommodation.

Just to put the Strontium Dog thread into some perspective, we were on the same race in an F31 and on the same leg clocked 180nm in 12 hours under code 0. Fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8070078.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	407.1 KB
ID:	110484  
Old 04-10-2015, 18:04   #42

[QUOTE=out42;1929620]Pic included but sadly not a tri! After 3 farriers, accommodation demands that I went to a cat and hence this my second Outremer. Why Outremer? Because they are the nearest I could get to the performance of a tri with cat accommodation.

I see.... yes, it would need a Trimaran in the size of 60 ft. to have some space available one can say: it is a comfortable boat with plenty of space under deck. :-) Rarely to find, seldomly built and very costly. :-)

I have poked the Gunboat boss to be challenged by the Outremer Cat "NOLIMIT". you know ?

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1929283

Interesting too the Outremer X5. Its a huge boat... I already feel lost so big it is. For a "wealthy family" its great, or a business man who needs it for incentives and dealing the deals ... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by out42 View Post
Just to put the Strontium Dog thread into some perspective, we were on the same race in an F31 and on the same leg clocked 180nm in 12 hours under code 0. Fun!
Great boat, no doubt that John Shuttleworth built something fast. Yes, the boat is for sales... very cheaply :-)

Rationally there are many plus points for Strontium Dog... and the fresh interior design is modern. I cant explain rationally, there is something which pulls me way from this boat.

Maybe its the history of this mix-up (amas from Finland built in 2002) and later coming the hull and rerigging in 2012.

I dont know enough about the history of this boat.

Good luck for ! :-)
Old 05-10-2015, 01:30   #43

Great boat, no doubt that John Shuttleworth built something fast. Yes, the boat is for sales... very cheaply :-)

Skip

You get what you pay for.

Keep looking. There are many secondhand tris out there, many of which are large, old and cheap compared to new boats, so don't be led astray by just one. A good bit of re-working and you might have the boat you need at the budget you have.

Best

Out42

Tags
trimaran