Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2021, 12:08   #1

Boat: 2000 Leopard 45
Bluetti EP500 pro Power Station

Would anybody consider using one or two of these power stations to run their cat? I have a 45 leopard.
I was thinking of a couple of the cheap chineses 300 amp hr batteries, but started looking at the now bigger availability in these all in one units.

I been following several various different ones, but this seems to look good, with fast charge from AC as well as solar. 2 of them and I could run my AC lightly I think.

Your thoughts ?
benfairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:26   #2

Re: Bluetti EP500 pro Power Station

Dont bother, you can easily build bigger and better with quality parts. Then if something fails just the part can be replaced. SOK now does a marine lithium 208 ah battery in a water tight plastic case. And they are not much more than just the parts.
Old 12-10-2021, 01:05   #3
Sos

Boat: Woods Flica catamaran

have done some reviews on them. I have a friend with one and they are happy with it.
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2021, 05:10   #4

Boat: 2000 Leopard 45

Thanks for this. I follow those two tecks reviewers online that he mentions, and glad to see somebody with a sailboat actually talking about it. I'm temted by the 500 because its an ll in one solution. As above , if it breaks...well holy sh..t help may not be close by. Having two would be safer, and with 1200 watts of solar on my roof i wouldn't need to change any existing inverters or chargers and I'd have power for days. The price of buying everything separatly will cost likely more. 4 batteries, 4500, new 3+ k inverter, new charger. new cables, more install time cost. Well, I'm on the fence at the moment, time will tell. When I see a similar watt usage in a big size RV with this set up, that maybe the que.
benfairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2021, 09:03   #5

Also check out https://ecoflow.com/products/ecoflow...-power-station which offers some other addons, like a portable 4-panel solar tracker for on-deck use. After research on web and youtube, I'm preferring this to Bluetti.
MerlinBrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2021, 10:36   #6

Location: Eastern Caribbean for the 2020 season then east coast or Panama
Boat: Lagoon 470 cat

I would be very wary of "investing" in this. Appears they have not delivered any products despite raising over $3,000,000. Having seen too many of these types of money raises turning out to be fraudelent from the beginning (especially on Indiegogo). Did not see anything on their web site indicating when units would be shipped.

I have done quite a bit of research on these, off the shelf and DIY battery systems. I can say that the specs for this item do not make sense if they are saying the cost is under $3,000.

If you can/like to do DIY projects check out Will Prowse on Youtube. Lots of good info in his videos.

May be totally legit, but to me seems too much of a "too good to be true" situation.
Moontide is offline   Reply With Quote