Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 10:24   #16

Loree,

If that's the right link, then there doesn't seem to be any sailboats exhibiting at Miami.

Hopefully that's not true

I agree that it's probably a technical problem over at Strictly Sail. But it makes it seem like they don't want to say who's going to be at the show. I would imagine that there have been cancellations.

Here's the Strictly Sail exhibitor link:

Strictly Sail

Carl
CarlF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:45   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Prout, Quasar, 50'
Carl,

I wasn't looking for new boats when I went searching the first time. I was looking for a specific vendor. Try this link. It has boat builders on it. Exhibitor Marketplace.

Loree
Aboard SeaWolf
CruisersLife.com
Sea Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:56   #18
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
The exhibitor marketplace you are linking to is at the convention center. If you go the the Strictly Sail show they have sailing only venders in tents. It's at most a one day visit to the strictly sail show. The SS web site has been horrible for updating what is going on. They only listed the boats coming to the show a couple of weeks ago. I've been told you can spend a whole day at the convention center. I'll be there Thursday til Sunday and am spending Friday in Fort Lauderdale touring about 5 used cats. If anyone wants to hook up for a beer on Thursday at the SS show, send me a message. David.
Palarran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 13:37   #19
Marine Service Provider

You can easily spend 1-2 days at each venue, depending on how intense you get with seeing 'everything.' I would say a day for Strictly Sail and 2 days for the Convention center would be about right.

Loree
Aboard SeaWolf
CruisersLife.com
Old 07-02-2009, 16:28   #20

Boat: 2002 Wildcat 350
Boat show info

Thanks to all! We are planning to head down for Thursday and Friday at the show. the parking info is very helpful. We also appreciate the info on Ft. Lauderdale cats. Any other tips will be very useful. this economy is affecting everything but I hope that the show doesn't loose to many vendors.
Want to sail
Want to sail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 17:43   #21

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
If there are any used cats at the show in some different place close by, I would like to know how to get to them.

We will be there Thurs. and Fri. leaving Sat. AM.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 20:29   #22

Therapy, I don't think there are any used cats at the show. If you use yachtworld and select florida and your size range there arn't that many to scroll through. Theres a 47' Robertson and Caine right near the convention center, otherwise for me it's up to Ft. Lauderdale.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:54   #23

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigamarole View Post
Therapy, I don't think there are any used cats at the show. If you use yachtworld and select florida and your size range there arn't that many to scroll through. Theres a 47' Robertson and Caine right near the convention center, otherwise for me it's up to Ft. Lauderdale.
That was what I was thinking too.

Maybe talk to the catamaran company and see if they will have somone that wants to show a couple on Sat while we are on our way home.
Old 08-02-2009, 19:23   #24

Boat: 1995 CATALINA 320 formerly Catamaran owner
Send a message via Skype™ to SurfNRG
Best shoes to wear at a boat show are Crocs. Super comfortable and easy on and off. Thought they were a bit funky looking at first but once I slipped into a pair I found them to be the most comfortable footwear ever. Heard there aren't many used cats at the show cause it costs over $6K to exhibit a boat there. It's still great checking out the new boats and getting ideas as to what you may want in a used boat. Plus it's always great hearing Eric Stone at the Lats n Atts party which I think is Saturday night at Strictly Sail.
SurfNRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 19:44   #25
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Given the state of our dollar, it might be an option for some of you to come to the Sanctuary Cove Boat show in Brisbane in May (21st -24th) - usually lots of cats.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 19:53   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Given the state of our dollar, it might be an option for some of you to come to the Sanctuary Cove Boat show in Brisbane in May (21st -24th) - usually lots of cats.
I would love to but then I would have to sail the 1160 home and I am not quite up to doing a Bumfuzzle. I don't think I have that kind of luck.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32   #27
Marine Service Provider

Wan to sail:
Parking... We've been going to the show every year for quite awhile. The best suggestion I can give you is to go early. At Bayside (Strictly Sail) go right into the parking garage. For the convention center, park in the garage directly across the street from City Hall (on 17th Street between Pennsylvania and Meridian Avenues). The south side show entrance is across the street. The normal rate is $1 an hour but I expect that they will hit you for extra due to the boat show (they always do). they have tons of busses running between the venues, so running back and forth is a piece of cake.

Have fun. Maybe we'll see you there. We'll be wearing SeaWolf shirts/jackets, so lokk for us and say hello!

Loree
Aboard SeaWolf
CruisersLife.com
Old 12-02-2009, 12:05   #28

Parking at Bayside is a flat rate of $10 a day during the show. Get there early and parking is no trouble at all.
Abaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 20:47   #29

There's an interesting vibe at the show. I don't have it down fully but will post when I'm back home. Definately different then last year.
Old 16-02-2009, 08:07   #30
Marine Service Provider

Spent 3 days at the show and was quite surprised at some of the changes. The multihulls were well represented at Strictly Sail, but monohull participation was way down. So much so that some of the slips were empty and the northern fixed dock wasn't used for the show. Many of the boats that are on annual leases were left on the north dock during the show. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

The Power Boat show at the Marriott was also greatly reduced. However, the Collins Ave show (out on the beach) was bigger than I've ever seen it. It ran for well over a mile and had everything from small used, to new mega yachts.

The Convention Center was about the same as preceding years... maybe a little smaller, and we had fun looking at all the goodies offered there.

All things considered, we had a good time and also picked up some good information for future purchases.

Loree
Aboard SeaWolf
CruisersLife.com

Tags
boat show