Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2022, 16:09   #106

Boat: Catalina 22 Sport
Re: BVI charter DON'T DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlev00 View Post
My daughter, her fiancé and 4 friends did a BVI cruise 2nd week of January 2022 and had no such problems as described by the OP. Their boat had some issues being from a second tier company but otherwise they had an awesome time.

It sounds like things have gotten worse.
I wouldn't come to that conclusion. We had a fine time and things went very smoothly. boatyard dog said much the same. As did a prior poster.

We chartered from a first tier company and our boat had some issues. Broken water maker, broken electrical panel (alarmed for low battery when they were fully charged). It's a charter boat - it's going to have issues. Perhaps what you mean is that your daughter's boat had ISSUES.
lestersails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 16:14   #107

Yikes! What a pain. Thanks for the warning ✌️🙂
Notfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 16:47   #108

Hey Stagger,
Bad news mate.
Your the sheep.
A phd in Google is not research
Peace ☮️
Redreuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 16:57   #109

Boat: Shannon 43

Way to drag me back into the conversation. Arent they putting you folks into concentration camps over this? When is it going to stop? I dont wish to push this any further in this thread.
stagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 17:15   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger View Post
Arent they putting you folks into concentration camps over this?.

Oh so now you believe the press.

Most of what was written in the US about Australias response to Covid was complete nonsense especially from the likes of Candice Owens and the Joe Rogan types.
Most of the public were happy to do what was required to keep their communities safe bar the inevitable selfish minority.
At this point though (Omicron) fatigue is setting in and the rules are being revoked bit by bit to help the hospitals cope. I’m in WA where Omicron has just arrived, we are totally free internally but travel is limited so as not to create an overwhelming peak.
96% vaccination rate. [emoji106]
Old 17-02-2022, 17:35   #111

Good for you!
Old 17-02-2022, 17:38   #112

Quote:
Way to drag me back into the conversation. Arent they putting you folks into concentration camps over this? When is it going to stop? I dont wish to push this any further in this thread.

Nope, but people like you could make us sane folks wish to put you into one, and throw away the key.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 18:10   #113

I started off with something I felt was helpful. All I have received from this group is hate. So much for the ways of the world.
Old 17-02-2022, 19:01   #114

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
I started off with something I felt was helpful. All I have received from this group is hate. So much for the ways of the world.
Perhaps a little more about sailing and cruising and a lot less preaching and disseminating ill informed opinions would make it all better.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2022, 21:14   #115

Ill-informed, the hate keeps coming. The truth will bear itself out. i hope its not the case that you got the jab and are starting to regret it.
Old 17-02-2022, 21:40   #116

There is no hate, stop being dramatic, playing the victim is a bit pathetic.
If you prefer prayers to vaccines you've got no business making accusations of being ill-informed.
Old 17-02-2022, 22:07   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Perhaps a little more about sailing and cruising and a lot less preaching and disseminating ill informed opinions would make it all better.
Quote:
Ill-informed, the hate keeps coming. The truth will bear itself out. i hope its not the case that you got the jab and are starting to regret it.
Hi, I take it from your response that the only point with which you raise objection is ill informed, perhaps ignorant would have been better? There is no hate at all, I personally feel sorry for those that are unable or unprepared to accept the reality in which we all find ourselves.
As for my vaccination status, I am vaccinated and have never been worried about any vaccination that I have received, yellow fever, smallpox, measles, mumps and a number of others in my life, do you doubt the value and virtue of those?

Old 17-02-2022, 22:34   #118

I do prefer prayers to vaccines. look at who makes them. look at the fact the owners of these companies have been dropping their stock and the C.E.O.s are stepping down. Look at the inconsistency of the WHO the CDC etc. these are the indications plus insurance statistics of 18 to 60 dying from myocarditis skyrocketing in the last 2 years. Use your head not your atheistic emotions to argue with me. Im trying to gracefully back out of this convo but you idiots keep dragging it on.
Old 17-02-2022, 22:40   #119

i appreciate your response. This vaccine is different. its not a vaccine, it was never meant to be (experimental dna modification). it does not stop you from getting it and it does not stop the spreading of it. they never isolated the cov virus and the pcr inventor says it cant be used to test for it. funny how the news never tells you this. you can find out for yourselves if you look. i mearly made a statement this has been blown out of proportion on this thread.
Old 17-02-2022, 22:49   #120

Quote:
I do prefer prayers to vaccines. look at who makes them. look at the fact the owners of these companies have been dropping their stock and the C.E.O.s are stepping down. Look at the inconsistency of the WHO the CDC etc. these are the indications plus insurance statistics of 18 to 60 dying from myocarditis skyrocketing in the last 2 years. Use your head not your atheistic emotions to argue with me. Im trying to gracefully back out of this convo but you idiots keep dragging it on.
Quote:
i appreciate your response. This vaccine is different. its not a vaccine, it was never meant to be (experimental dna modification). it does not stop you from getting it and it does not stop the spreading of it. they never isolated the cov virus and the pcr inventor says it cant be used to test for it. funny how the news never tells you this. you can find out for yourselves if you look. i mearly made a statement this has been blown out of proportion on this thread.
Describing other contributors as idiots is IMHO hardly the way to "back out", and the products that you are railing about DO NOT modify YOUR dna, you apparently need to research your claims more rigorously prior to posting.

Tags
BVI, charter