Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2022, 22:55   #121

Boat: Shannon 43
Re: BVI charter DON'T DO IT!

believe what you want.
stagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 00:03   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger View Post
i appreciate your response. This vaccine is different. its not a vaccine, it was never meant to be (experimental dna modification). it does not stop you from getting it and it does not stop the spreading of it. they never isolated the cov virus and the pcr inventor says it cant be used to test for it. funny how the news never tells you this. you can find out for yourselves if you look. i mearly made a statement this has been blown out of proportion on this thread.

I’m sorry but the above is absolute nonsense.
I’m not going to go through the process of re educating you because it’s clear you have no interest.
It’s not about belief it’s about the science.
Redreuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 00:44   #123

Boat: Shannon 43

i highly doubt you could re-educate me. let's agree to disagree.
stagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 01:10   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redreuben View Post
I’m sorry but the above is absolute nonsense.
I’m not going to go through the process of re educating you because it’s clear you have no interest.
It’s not about belief it’s about the science.
Go get an aids test.
Caleb_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 01:28   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb_Grey View Post
Go get an aids test.

Oh look !
An intellectual 🧐
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Redreuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 03:48   #126

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
i appreciate your response. This vaccine is different. its not a vaccine, it was never meant to be (experimental dna modification). it does not stop you from getting it and it does not stop the spreading of it. they never isolated the cov virus and the pcr inventor says it cant be used to test for it. funny how the news never tells you this. you can find out for yourselves if you look. i mearly made a statement this has been blown out of proportion on this thread.

You’re right that this vaccine is different but it is a vaccine and it doesn’t modify your dna and it does greatly decrease your chances of getting the pre omicron variants and if you do catch covid it increases your chances of survival. I think it’s illogical to not avail yourself of these benefits but I support your right to do so. But I don’t support your right to spread disinformation without being challenged in return, which is what you seem to expect.
jtsailjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 06:12   #127

Boat: Catalina 22 Sport

While I am totally sympathetic to the views redreuben and jtsailjt, can we please leave off? stagger has been justifiably skewered for his spouting, but further argument won't help him or us.
Can we call this sub-thread closed and get back to the logistics of getting into and out of the BVI?
lestersails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2022, 05:15   #128

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestersails View Post
While I am totally sympathetic to the views redreuben and jtsailjt, can we please leave off? stagger has been justifiably skewered for his spouting, but further argument won't help him or us.
Can we call this sub-thread closed and get back to the logistics of getting into and out of the BVI?

I just did it a couple weeks ago and it was pretty straightforward. Either show them a recent test or they’ll make you stand in another line and give you a rapid test but there didn’t seem to be more than a very few who weren’t already tested so there was no long line for that. The ferry personnel checks to see if you have appropriate travel insurance, which in my case cost $170. Leaving BVI via USVI requires you log onto the USVI portal and that will require you document your vax status and have a recent test within 24 hours but they aren’t very picky about which sort of test so you can use a self test you bring with you. Don’t wait until the last minute to log onto the portal because once you submit your vax and test status, it can take a few hours for them to give you the green light via email that you will show before you are allowed to travel to USVI. That’s how it was 2 weeks ago but I’d check the local tourist info sites for updates before departing because things are constantly changing.
jtsailjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2022, 10:01   #129

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Quote:
believe what you want.
Stagger, you still on about this?
It's the wrong place for Covid news.
Please find the proper thread and for gosh sake provide some scientific citations and articles to back it.
Otherwise your still trolling!
Let's talk about your beautiful Shannon 43!
Show us some pictures of it.
Boatyarddog
Boatyarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2022, 10:39   #130

Boat: Leopard 45

I spent a month in BVI in December and had a fab time. We just had to navigate the BVI entry and Covid portals and have a test before entering. It took about an extra 30 to 40 minutes entering due to the protocols including a test which they admisister on arrival (cost $50). If you have been tested within 24 hours of arrival you don't need to be retested on entry to BVI. My crew and I had a great time in the BVI. I highly recomend it. When leaving to return to the US, yes it did become more difficult due to the change in status from the US (24 hours before entry rather than 3 days). But there is a concierge service that will come to your boat and test each crew for $125 each. If you take an Abott lab self test kit and have internet connection you can test yourself for just $25 per test.
cheers,
Jim
jim King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2022, 10:56   #131

Boat: Hunter 33 "Cherubini" (1982)

Just back from my week in the BVI. Great time. Covid stuff is completely minor inconvenience you have to deal with ONLY on your airport travel days and then never again except for wearing mask very briefly when indoors (which was only for shopping for gifts or something).
paulg222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BVI, charter