Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 20:46   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 38
Cool Calling 45-55 ft Catamaran Owners in Florida- especially FP Bahia and Lagoon 470

Hi Folks- after buying our FP Athena 38 several years ago, we are now hoping to upgrade and take our large family on a 2 year sabbatical. We are headed to Fort Lauderdalem, Florida in mid-March and are trying to look at potential catamarans to get a sense of size for a purchase next Spring. We certainly will work with the local brokers to look at sale boats, but am not necessarily finding all of the boats we are hoping to look at.

We'd really like to look at a Lagoon 470 and FP Bahia 46 (early to mid 2000 vintage) as we're not loaded, but think these boats might be a great fit. If you have one of these boats locally, we'd love to take a peek at it and would appreciate it. (30-45 mins)

If you know anyone, or an owners group, we'd be happy to try that route as well. Any ideas and advice welcome- Thanks in advance for your help!
Catsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 13:05   #2

Boat: Chris White Atlantic 46lr
Re: Calling 45-55 ft Catamaran Owners in Florida- especially FP Bahia and Lagoon 470

Hi There,
Wow.... I wish we were just starting our adventure. Sadly we have completed our circumnavigation with the children and are currently selling our Chris White Atlantic 46lr. She may not be of interest, but you can see the detail on our site www.sailpegasus.com of the sort of boat we had and how we got on. The blogs may give you a few ideas of what you can expect, timings etc. Good luck with your adventure...you'll never look back.
Pegasus SVYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 18:38   #3

Boat: Prout 46
Re: Calling 45-55 ft Catamaran Owners in Florida- especially FP Bahia and Lagoon 470

My boats for sale. You can view it in Yacht World. It is currently moored at Palm Coast Florida.
Kashmir cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 23:08   #4

Boat: Maverick 400 - 12m - Cosmoledo

I have a Maverick 400 - it's nominally 40' but has the space of a 44. It is currently acting as dmo boat at the Miami boat show - as of mid Feb 2013. It is for sale as I won't need a boat for 2 years. Fully equipped and imported into the USA.

good hunting
Cosmoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 21:52   #5

Boat: 2005 Hylas 54

We looked at a lot of catamarans before we bought our 2004 lagoon 470. We are very happy with it. PM me if you want to look a short flight from Florida in Cancun fo r the next month.

Tony
Tday01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 19:04   #6

Boat: Oyster 55

Do yourself a favor and just go ahead and buy the Chris White Atlantic 46 that is for sale. Think the boat is currently in Grenada.
Forget about everything else.
It is safer, faster, better looking and more bang for the buck than anything in it's price range.
Why buy a condominium when you can have a sailboat to call home?
Sorry if I am offending anyone but let's face it Chris White has got the answer in his designs.
I suggest for anyone who disagrees go to his website and read the reports from actual owners.
Have sailed a lot of boats for many years (mostly monohulls) but I am obviously thoroughly smitten.
My next cat will be a Chris White design.
caradow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:07   #7

Hi, We have a FP Bahia 46 2001, totally rebuilt. We just came back from 2 months in the Bahamas and are ready to sell. We are located in the Florida Keys. Are you still in the market?
frenchy joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:33   #8

Boat: secondarily boatless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tday01 View Post
We looked at a lot of catamarans before we bought our 2004 lagoon 470. We are very happy with it. PM me if you want to look a short flight from Florida in Cancun fo r the next month.

Tony
Hi, Tony,

we've got hull # 50 and are heading over there this winter - maybe we'll meet you there???

Oliver
Oliver L. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bahia, catamaran, florida, lagoon