Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2021, 18:13   #1

Cat slips in SE florida.

Couldn't find a more specific part of the forum to ask, but I've gotta park my boat for a couple of weeks in SE florida, anyone know where a good place to park a 48ft x 25ft cat? mast is a bit tall for the ICW.
Morndenkainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 19:24   #2

Boat: Hunter 40.5
Re: Cat slips in SE florida.

Burnt Store Marina, if they got any slips available.
Sandy Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2021, 04:02   #3

The op said sE.

If you just want somewhere, the cheapest option is probably the Dinner Key moorings on the south end of Miami. I would guess that this is a bad time of year to find a slip given that it’s high season.
tamicatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2021, 05:21   #4

Boat: Hunter 40.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamicatana View Post
The op said sE.

If you just want somewhere, the cheapest option is probably the Dinner Key moorings on the south end of Miami. I would guess that this is a bad time of year to find a slip given that it’s high season.

dont know how i read that lol.
Sandy Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 12:07   #5

Boat: Ted Brewer Pilothouse 40

Try Suntex Marina in Lantana/Lake Worth. They have a couple Cat transient slips.
Delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 12:45   #6

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

You may be better of looking for a marina with a mooring buoy field for that short a period of time or outside dockage verses a slip. I'd get on the phone. Don't use park, you park a car.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 12:53   #7

Boat: Nautor 50 Motorsailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen View Post
Couldn't find a more specific part of the forum to ask, but I've gotta park my boat for a couple of weeks in SE florida, anyone know where a good place to park a 48ft x 25ft cat? mast is a bit tall for the ICW.
I've been receiving emails from this forum for years, never tried to answer anyone using it till now. May have lost my identity here on this forum, not sure.

In any case, I have a dock outside my home's living room, accessible from the ICW in downtown Fort Lauderdale , presently having a space 50 ft long that's unused. Second equal space presently in use but soon to be vacated. Bigger boats than yours pass here all the time. 25 ft beam has never been a problem.

If you'd like to talk about possible use here, let me know : email to ralph@alter-family.net.
ralter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 18:04   #8

In a canal behind several homes here in Broward. They advertise in a local boat paper.
Scaramanga F25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2021, 18:54   #9

Location: Boynton Beach, Florida. Cruising Bahamas through Spring 2024
Boat: Manta 40

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to find any space for a cat here. We lived on a canal in Lighthouse Point for almost 9 years and moved aboard almost 2 years ago. We are pulled for bottom paint in Pompano and were looking for a spot for our 40 foot x21 foot beam cat for the next few weeks and couldn’t find anything after our old next door neighbor rented out his space to someone else.

We are headed down to the Keys for a week or so and then dinner key moorings for a few nights when we have a shore based family commitment.

Please note that Dinner Key Moorings only accommodate boats to 40’. They come out daily and check so a 48’ catamaran can not use the moorings. You may be able to get transient dockage at the Dinner Key Marina but currently $5 ft/night.

You can also try Safe Harbor Lauderdale Marine Center for transient dockage. Max mast height is 79’. Harbourtown Marina is another that can accommodate but doubt they have anything. Several of the marinas in Palm Beach can also accommodate your size. You’d have to call and see if anyone has space.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida