Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2011, 11:59   #211

Re: Catamaran Capsizes in Galveston Bay

So, who started the fight? Looking back, the first TROLLING post came from guess who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Yes, good job of the USCG !!

And again, as with all these "cat capsized" events, utter silence from all the cat owners that preach that cats don't flip...

ciao!
Nick.
Old 25-11-2011, 12:01   #212
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Exactly. Every single time.

You know what? I might start visiting the monohull forum and calling all their boats dangerous unseaworthy crap.

Why the hell not? Why should all this garbage happen here?
Since you asked, I may have experience with this it that most of you don't. Garbage happens everywhere in the forum however a certain type of garbage happens here. Some of it appears to be because some people, in this thread you have been one, can't wait to rise to the bait. They don't read what has been written preferring to see boogie men in every post over giving a post an honest read. When coming across a tongue in cheek gibe they begin carrying on in a manner that seems to amuse certain other individuals and so they are encouraged to poke away at the beehive.

The solution is really very simple. Read carefully, learn the significance of various emoticons, accept that when they are being used humour is implied and finally, and perhaps most important, take the kick me sign off the back of your shirt.

Old 25-11-2011, 12:30   #213

"Some people can't wait to rise to the bait"??? So it's not the BAITERs (and there are some master baiters) who are at fault, but those who answer them?

So if I did take the time to go into the monohull forum and carry on about how dangerous and unseaworthy their boats are, (oh yeah, with a whistling smiley) that would be fine? Not confrontational at all? Only those who respond would be the trouble makers, right?

Is that really how it works?
Old 25-11-2011, 12:39   #214
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Catamaran Capsizes in Galveston Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
"Some people can't wait to rise to the bait"??? So it's not the BAITERs (and there are some master baiters) who are at fault, but those who answer them?

So if I did take the time to go into the monohull forum and carry on about how dangerous and unseaworthy their boats are, (oh yeah, with a whistling smiley) that would be fine? Not confrontational at all? Only those who respond would be the trouble makers, right?

Naah..... a whistling smiley would tell us your trying to wind us up....
So we'll piss you off by agreeing to all you say instead....

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 25-11-2011, 14:01   #215

Boat: PETERSON 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat

Arrogant one way is right way old way thinking. Many things work and work well. Sailing has taught me that one option may be good 2 options are better and the option you choose is the best at the time given experience and condition. Nick has alot of experience not to diminish yours. I really think calling our boats unseaworthy is based on your inexperience at sea and some need to console your self of a fear. Pretty confident you have not seen severe weather on a small craft. Chill out till you have been served some real weather.
Old 25-11-2011, 15:38   #216
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
FYI- This forum was started by a Cat owner.
Very true.... but look what happened to it since he left us!

ummm... no offence Andy...
Old 26-11-2011, 01:17   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Arrogant one way is right way old way thinking. Many things work and work well. Sailing has taught me that one option may be good 2 options are better and the option you choose is the best at the time given experience and condition. Nick has alot of experience not to diminish yours. I really think calling our boats unseaworthy is based on your inexperience at sea and some need to console your self of a fear. Pretty confident you have not seen severe weather on a small craft. Chill out till you have been served some real weather.
Wow we are so blessed to have all this expertise on this forum. Now there's the homespun psychologist.

You are aware that I haven't actually CALLED anyone's boat unseaworthy? That's being done enough by the monohullers in the multihull forum. I guess by your logic that means they are scared of something?

Sure Nick says he has a lot of experience. How much experience does he have building, sailing, cruising and living aboard MULTIHULLS? I'd be willing to bet that's a nice fat round number.
Old 26-11-2011, 03:32   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormorant View Post
I'm disappointed that the proa has been left out of the arguing. Henceforth we will refer to it as the mono-semi-maran, and defend it fiercely.
And I wouldn't dare mention my one-off fab asymmetrical cat/outrigger for fear of being pounded by both combatants.
Old 26-11-2011, 07:19   #219

Boat: Voyage 470 "SeaPaws II"

getting back to the original subject of this thread, I wonder how those guys that were rescued made out. Did the cat get righted and towed back to shore. Anyone in Galveston have any more details?
Old 26-11-2011, 08:53   #220

Quote:

Wow we are so blessed to have all this expertise on this forum. Now there's the homespun psychologist.

You are aware that I haven't actually CALLED anyone's boat unseaworthy? That's being done enough by the monohullers in the multihull forum. I guess by your logic that means they are scared of something?

Sure Nick says he has a lot of experience. How much experience does he have building, sailing, cruising and living aboard MULTIHULLS? I'd be willing to bet that's a nice fat round number.
Yep some folks here have lots of experience. Mine 15 years in the trades 2 years as apprentice. Started by putting the bungs in cut down the trees and then spiled planks. 12 years live aboard most anchored and moorings. have owned and cruised a Tri and monos.Getting near 40 years on the water.
I'm afraid of small details piling up to make a situation. Hence vigilance for detail. Very few of us are bitten by sharks it's these damn mosquitoes that are driving me nuts grass hopper. Angry people are confused unsure or in danger.you sound kinda pissed. If it doesn't fit then don't wear it.
Old 26-11-2011, 10:52   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Yep some folks here have lots of experience. Mine 15 years in the trades 2 years as apprentice. Started by putting the bungs in cut down the trees and then spiled planks. 12 years live aboard most anchored and moorings. have owned and cruised a Tri and monos.Getting near 40 years on the water.
I'm afraid of small details piling up to make a situation. Hence vigilance for detail. Very few of us are bitten by sharks it's these damn mosquitoes that are driving me nuts grass hopper. Angry people are confused unsure or in danger.you sound kinda pissed. If it doesn't fit then don't wear it.
You're a lumberjack?

And you're OKAY!

As for your last couple of sentences..... inspired by alcohol perhaps?
Old 26-11-2011, 11:10   #222

Quote:

You're a lumberjack?

And you're OKAY!

As for your last couple of sentences..... inspired by alcohol perhaps?
Laughing I would never wear that hat
Old 26-11-2011, 11:29   #223

Oh come on, it would keep your ears warm!
Old 26-11-2011, 11:39   #224

Ears are burning already. Just can hear the misses . who is the blonde you were singing with?
Old 26-11-2011, 14:54   #225

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Catamarans "might" capsize.
Monos "might" sink.
Either way you're F#*ked
Did i miss something?
Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran