Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2019, 22:07   #16

Re: Catamaran for sailing and diving skuppered charter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augi View Post
I know little about the specifics, but kind of doing a business, but "not really for the money", as you describe does not sound like a good idea. Sounds like you you would better off setting yourself up to do the diving
Totally.

TP made me see this, I can earn $80k in 6 months, so keep contracting and the rest of the year explore and dive NZ and the pacific.

And there are other streams of income, investment properties, and potentially if patreon is still going, I have the videography skills for underwater camera reviews and blogs while away diving and sailing. I also know how to get the subscribers which is the part most non IT people dont know or luck into.

So I could just not work and live off part of the $160k pa I will get from my retirement investments, then reinvest them, or I may do something else i love as well which is renovating houses with good bones and sellers who are geniinely motivated to sell at 20-30% below market value (something totally different to CV and you need access to all local sales to gauge).

I think a tourism business would tie me down doing something I use to enjoy.

With my commerce degree I know how to run it to make money and not do it if it doesnt, but the point I was trying to say is, my motivation isnt solely money, part was to be doing something i enjoy. but looking at it now, i dont think i would as id want to be divin myself or shooting fish etc.

So there are 2 1000xl's for sale in that fleet, so ive asked how much is the ROI if i wanted to keep it in the business. will post once i find out.
LuvSun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, charter, diving, sail, sailing