Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2009, 07:58   #16

Boat: no boat, but dreaming of ~ 40 foot cats
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitedrive View Post
Hi there,
Its my first post on CF,..but been looking for a long time. Just bought my Cat,.a beautiful 2006 Admiral 38 executive. Its a owners version all pimped out for crusing. I am a avid kiter having lived on Maui and Cabarete many years,..travel to Peru to kite etc. Now going cruising for a year in the Caribbean to kite,, SUP, Snuba and play. I was not interested in a share,..but it opens possibilities with someone into the same thing. This winter I will cruise the Virgin Islands with emphasis on Anegada and St. Croix. But next winter I have to be back in Utah in Big Cottonwood Canyon to rearrange 50 feet of powder with my snowboard.
Let me know how your plans are coming and take a look at the Admiral it beats any Leopard hands down has a huge salon and galley and way better than any french Cat in that price range.
Very interesting. I will start by checking out the admiral - never heard about it before. I'll be back :-)

Nikolaj
berntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:32   #17

Boat: A few!
Interesting thread!

I run Synergy Yachting and have a fractional program for cats, though a slightly different market. I am also a kiter and was one of the first guys kiting in the caribbean starting in the late nineties. I was anchored off west end Anegada or in Eustatia Sound VG at every opportunity in a Lagoon 55 and later a Privilege 585.

I have a small family that I want to take through the islands in a year or two. I'd be interested in a syndicate on a simple, easy to maintain performance cat. I can offer some infrastructure in the BVI and the backing of a Catamaran management company. In addition I can help with marketing and on-selling of further shares.
caribcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 15:30   #18

Boat: no boat, but dreaming of ~ 40 foot cats
a small group is forming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribcat View Post
Interesting thread!

I run Synergy Yachting and have a fractional program for cats, though a slightly different market. I am also a kiter and was one of the first guys kiting in the caribbean starting in the late nineties. I was anchored off west end Anegada or in Eustatia Sound VG at every opportunity in a Lagoon 55 and later a Privilege 585.

I have a small family that I want to take through the islands in a year or two. I'd be interested in a syndicate on a simple, easy to maintain performance cat. I can offer some infrastructure in the BVI and the backing of a Catamaran management company. In addition I can help with marketing and on-selling of further shares.
Interesting post. How to communicate more, PM's more on this forum? A few bits of thought below:

I have found prices for 1/8 Lagoon 380 around 43.125 EUR / ~ USD 60,000 on the net, incl. 5 year of mgm. From my location, with current economy, I'm probably interested in a european base for some years initially.

How does one combine fractional ownership with the desire to book it for 6 months some time?

How do the right people find each other. A web site with a matrix of preferences and matching algorithms?

What if the desired cat is not a lagoon or a FP which seems to account for majority of charter cats and probably also managed fractional partner ships.

Does Fractional Sailing-SailTime Has Rewritten the Book on Sailing Clubs have something to offer? Or Voyage Yacht Share (just found that one, haven't digged it yet).

Assuming a group of 5-12 from different parts of the world found out they shared a dream, that could fit with sharing a boat, what would be next step?

/\/ikolaj
berntsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 17:26   #19

Boat: No boat yet - interested in 40ft Cat - possibly like to share / partner
I agree it is difficult to locate other like minded people interested in sharing a boat - I have not found such a website which is why I posted here. Still looking and hoping to find someone for next year when we put plan into action.
ctsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 17:39   #20

Boat: Working toward Lagoon 410 Owners
Send a message via Yahoo to Thee-Duke
Desired Catamaran

In my last post, I indicated I was interested in a Lagoon 410. Since then from what I have read, I now think the Fountaine Pajot would make a better investment.

From what I read, FP's sail so much better and are much faster in all wind situations. I have not concluded on any given model; but anything from 38' - 46' would do as the right price.

Thee-Duke
Email: jwdlcook@yahoo.com
Thee-Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 16:12   #21

Fractional Cat

I am also looking for a fractional ownership program but want to use the boat for 6 months from JAN-June 2011 in the Caribbean. Has anyone found something useful? Looks like Catamaran company might be able to do something. Anyone know of a fractional share for sale? What is the best site/forum to find fractional sellers??
sailindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 11:08   #22

Boat: Beneteau 32.5
I own a boat in charter and find it to be a much more affordable way to own a boat than paying to have a similar boat sit unused most of the year.

Most of the big charter companies order new boats they want in their program and sell them after about 4-5 years. Many second tier companies buy boats just coming out of charter from the bigger companies, (as opposed to accepting just any boat someone owns.) For that reason your charter optoins will be limited if you plan to put just any boat you have into charter. I suggest talking to potential charter companies before buying a boat to see what their needs are.

I've talked to a few people about joint ownership, but it quickly becomes complex and often one party that seems very intrested, looses interest.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 12:39   #23
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Voyage 500, Silent Faith
Here is the answer for you guys looking to share. Buy the boat and business here in KEY WEST (close to the islands and Cuba) have some capt. run the charter business and take her sailing anytime you want.
SHE WILL PAY FOR HERSELF. www.silentfaith.mysite.com www.restlessnative.com
craig boorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 13:52   #24

Anyone doing this in Chesapeake Area?

I'm interested in finding a fractional interest for a cat in the Chesapeake. I can't buy a whole one myself until retirement, and until then wouldn't be able to use it more than 2-3 weeks a year and weekends. I thought if I found a couple other similar minded individuals we could get best use out of a small family boat (rather than have it sit idle most of the time) and share the costs.

I'm thinking something smaller like the Gemini or Tomcat that were at the boat show.
Old 19-12-2010, 06:39   #25

Good morning,

We have a sailing school in the Florida Keys. We are looking into buying a catamaran for teaching (no bareboat charters). We would need the catamaran from approx. Nov-April (6 months) as we spend the other 6 months at our cabin in Canada. If you are still interested in sharing a catamaran for half the year maybe we should talk. We have looked at different catamarans in the range of $250- $300 K. Thanks for your time.
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 16:03   #26

My wife and i are interested in the possibility of fractional share ownership we plan on making one three month cruise with kids before next spring 2012 before kids become to old and more involved in school. We havent set an itinary although thinking about eastern carribean. After that first cruise our use could be any time during the year and i only expect to use a boat 4 weeks on average per year so that would lend well to fractional share mabey combine with charter or sailing school. If anyone in this thread has serious interest please contact me.
1rkghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 14:41   #27

Boat: Leopard 45 2000 hull 52
I have a Leopard 45 in the Chesapeake at Mears point Marina, look at C and C charters website for pic's... if interested call/contact them or me ...Joe
jaysandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 14:44   #28

Leopard 45 in chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
I'm interested in finding a fractional interest for a cat in the Chesapeake. I can't buy a whole one myself until retirement, and until then wouldn't be able to use it more than 2-3 weeks a year and weekends. I thought if I found a couple other similar minded individuals we could get best use out of a small family boat (rather than have it sit idle most of the time) and share the costs.

I'm thinking something smaller like the Gemini or Tomcat that were at the boat show.
I have aLeopard 45 in charter in the chesapeake with C and C charters contact them or me for info
Old 25-01-2011, 21:25   #29

I may be interested in a lease to you for those months I have a 45 ft Leopard.. great charter boat and good to teach on... see it at C and C charters (Chesapeake) I will be moving it to Fla for winter months so this may work for both of us
Old 26-01-2011, 05:31   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysandy
I may be interested in a lease to you for those months I have a 45 ft Leopard.. great charter boat and good to teach on... see it at C and C charters (Chesapeake) I will be moving it to Fla for winter months so this may work for both of us
Where in florida are you moving and what were you thinking of charging for three or four months.
1rkghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ownership