Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2011, 07:17   #31

Boat: Leopard 45 2000 hull 52
Cheaspeake Catamaran charter

1RKGHOST AND JENN please email me at jfxlr88@comcast.net to talk about this possible relationship, I have other options to charter in Fla and in the Keys for the winter but would like to talk to you also , tell me about your business and plans etc.
jaysandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 09:21   #32

I am also interested in a fractional ownership on the chesapeake.....Just joined the forum....have not read any other threads than part of this one......please feel free to contact me for a phone number. I am outside the Norfolk area.

wyzj001 at gmail dot com
wyzj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 13:14   #33

Catamaran - Share / Fractional Ownership / Charter ?

Lots of interest in this. I agree that it would be nice to have some sort of clearing house where like minded could join together. My wife and I are interested in a 35'-42' Cat with a 23' or less beam. We would like to be cruising the Carib. The option of the boat being used by the sailing school seems OK except that is prime season. Thinking of the Leopard 38 of FP.
PatA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 16:00   #34

Re: Catamaran - Share / Fractional Ownership / Charter ?

Hi ctsailer,

Just found your thread.
I am looking for a 50 % Parrtner in a 44 Ft Cat.
I own Chestnut Environmental LLC in the suburbs of Phila. Pa.
I close my businessin the winter and head south to warmer waters.
I would live on the boat 4-6 months a year and would love to find a partner to take it the other 6 months. Im a P.A.D.I. diving instructor,
and operated a 75 ' live aboard dive boat in the USVI /BVI. I would like a well equiped off shore boat, that we could charter on limited basis.
Please contact me if you have any interest.

Regards,

Tony Castagna
(610 ) 459 8733 off
(610 ) 459 8731 Fax
(610) 945 7088 Cell
tctree@comcast.net
pelagic440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:47   #35

A web search on "Fractional ownership of Catamaran" brought me to this site 11/11/2012. I'm interested but note the posts are 2 to 3 years old, any update?
Rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:40   #36

Boat: Maverick 400 - 12m - Cosmoledo

I have a Maverick 400 based in Fort Lauderdale until after the Miami show in Feb (it is being used as a demo boat). I am considering fractional ownership on her as I get very little use at the moment. If anyone is interested let me know. I was thinking of a 4-way split but can do a 50-50 partnership. The boat is owned by a company of which I am 100% owner. Great boat in a great condition. Fully fitted for blue water cruising - i sailed it to the US last year from SA.
Cosmoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:12   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rver View Post
A web search on "Fractional ownership of Catamaran" brought me to this site 11/11/2012. I'm interested but note the posts are 2 to 3 years old, any update?
Rver,

Yes, I am still seeking 1 or 2 more " partners "
I'm looking at a boat next week in Ft Lauderdale,
Contact me if you have any interest.

Tony Castagna
Old 09-01-2013, 10:44   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelagic440 View Post
Rver,

Yes, I am still seeking 1 or 2 more " partners "
I'm looking at a boat next week in Ft Lauderdale,
Contact me if you have any interest.

Tony Castagna
Rver, If you e-mail me, I will send you the specs. and photos of the boat Im looking at next week in Ft Lauderdale Fla.
tctree@comcast.net
Old 21-02-2013, 01:21   #39

Hey I’m not trying to pitch or sell anything, I also found this tread on a web search.

I’m working on a fractional ownership platform that may help out, would love to give you guys an early preview on my app. PM or email me at tj@ownmutually.com
teejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 05:36   #40
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: PDQ 36 & Atlantic 42

Siesta (a 42' Chris White Atlantic cat) has hosted a partnership between a Yank on the Chesapeake and an Englishman for three years. Sharing the calendar has not been a problem, nor has supporting the boat. Two complete strangers are now good friends.

I think that is a result of a well structured Partnership Agreement, and a boat we both love. We had both been owners of large cats before the agreement, so we were prepared for the realities of ownership; unexpected repairs, long cycle upkeep, new sails, and so on.

I can assure you that a partnership makes it possible to sail twice or three times the boat I could have bought by myself.
sandy daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 06:46   #41

I am also interesting in a 6 month share on your cat. Please PM me.
Old 03-03-2013, 00:11   #42

Boat: Hughes/Perry custom CF 63' tri; Hughes 46 custom tri, Hobie 20 Fox

Seems as though there are folks out there who are interested in fractional ownership.
Pipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 00:15   #43

Boat: Hughes/Perry custom CF 63' tri; Hughes 46 custom tri, Hobie 20 Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy daugherty View Post
Siesta (a 42' Chris White Atlantic cat) has hosted a partnership between a Yank on the Chesapeake and an Englishman for three years. Sharing the calendar has not been a problem, nor has supporting the boat. Two complete strangers are now good friends.

I think that is a result of a well structured Partnership Agreement, and a boat we both love. We had both been owners of large cats before the agreement, so we were prepared for the realities of ownership; unexpected repairs, long cycle upkeep, new sails, and so on.

I can assure you that a partnership makes it possible to sail twice or three times the boat I could have bought by myself.
Sandy Daughterty...did you draw up the agreement yourself, or with the help of an attorney? I have a 63' x 45' custom carbon fiber tri that I may be looking to partner with here in Hawaii. Thx in advance...
Pipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 20:27   #44

Just thought I'd share my two cents...

There seems two different routes. A) Finding another person or small group and doing the sharing yourself. This all depends upon finding the right person, and as Sandy said having an agreement which spells it all out. This could work fine.

B) Buying and placing the vessel in with a Charter company. I tried looking into that, there are a few companies who host the charters. Problem was getting anything on paper which spelled out the actual finances. Sure, they knew what money they want from the buyer, but there seemed no way I could get anything in writting showing expected (or historical with other buyers) maintenance / repair costs as well as revenues. The idea is a good one, but I couldn't even find an actual owner who did this sort of thing and was pleased with it.

Couldn't tell you if the cost of ownership is decreased much, or if it is enough compensation for the additional wear and tear. Sure, there may be happy "Buyer/Owners" in the charter trade. The only thing that I know for sure is that there wouldn't be any banks, or investment funds that would fund the inventory of a cat charter company, share in the operating costs, all for the priviledge of bearing the full brunt of depreciation.

A boat is a hole in the water ... the charter aspect seemed to me to make the boat age quicker while you personally hold more risk.

Normally I'd say put emotion aside and run the hard numbers taking depreciation etc. into account, I just couldn't get any numbers to run.
dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:34   #45
kps

Boat: Krogen 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmoledo View Post
I have a Maverick 400 based in Fort Lauderdale until after the Miami show in Feb (it is being used as a demo boat). I am considering fractional ownership on her as I get very little use at the moment. If anyone is interested let me know. I was thinking of a 4-way split but can do a 50-50 partnership. The boat is owned by a company of which I am 100% owner. Great boat in a great condition. Fully fitted for blue water cruising - i sailed it to the US last year from SA.
Saw this boat listed at multihull company. Would be interested in 50% share. Is the boat staying in FL? So is the intent the a new partner would own half share of the current biz that owns the boat? Feel free to PM me about this. I have been looking a while and live in Fl.
kps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ownership