Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2010, 07:15   #61
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
There are issues with the St. Francis 50. I believe the boat is Sularie, but the speeling is most likely wrong. The handling of the problems with the boat were not handled very well. Some of the letters passed back, and forth with the owner, and Duncan are ridiculous........i2f
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 07:49   #62

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx
Suliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
There are issues with the St. Francis 50. I believe the boat is Sularie, but the speeling is most likely wrong. The handling of the problems with the boat were not handled very well. Some of the letters passed back, and forth with the owner, and Duncan are ridiculous........i2f
"Suliere" of whom you are referring, and its owner, Paul, were using their website as their own personal vendetta against Duncan, who by the way is a very fine man with honorable intentions. It was all about the davits and handling his oversize dingy. The problem was resolved. Just remember, there are always 3 sides to every story. The new owners side, Duncan's side, and the truth (being usually a combination of the 2 others). The St. Francis is a very well thought out and well constructed catamaran.
xxuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 08:43   #63

Boat: Maine Cat 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxuxx View Post
"Suliere" of whom you are referring, and its owner, Paul, were using their website: cruisersforum.com as their own personal vendetta against Duncan, who by the way is a very fine man with honorable intentions. It was all about the davits and handling his oversize dingy. The problem was resolved. Just remember, there are always 3 sides to every story. The new owners side, Duncan's side, and the truth (being usually a combination of the 2 others). The St. Francis is a very well thought out and well constructed catamaran.
It was a bit more than the davits and really spoke to the level of Quality Control exercised during the build. Duncan did ultimately step up and resolved everything to Paul's satisfaction, however, IMO the whole affair could have been handled much better by Paul (and I have told him this).

One of the things that should have been done was to have an independent, qualified surveyor review the vessel. It is something that most who are buying a new boat reject (it's a NEW BOAT!), but in this case I think it would have been worthwhile.

Fair Winds,
Mike
YOGAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 12:47   #64
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
I do understand where the truth lies, but as mentioned it was a WHOLE lot more than the davits. It was more along poor customer service after spending so much money.......i2f
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 15:15   #65
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxuxx View Post
"Suliere" of whom you are referring, and its owner, Paul, were using their website as their own personal vendetta against Duncan, who by the way is a very fine man with honorable intentions. It was all about the davits and handling his oversize dingy. The problem was resolved. Just remember, there are always 3 sides to every story. The new owners side, Duncan's side, and the truth (being usually a combination of the 2 others). The St. Francis is a very well thought out and well constructed catamaran.
Thats a bit disingenuous, it was way more than the davits, and it was not a vendetta, simply a demand for what was paid for. I think it should also be pointed out that Paul also thanked STF for resolving the matters and also says that he would buy the same boat again from the same builder. I think Paul is strong in his demand for the customer getting what they pay for. Who can blame him.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show