Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-07-2011, 01:01   #1
Marine Service Provider

Chasing an FP Athena on Aus East Coast

Hi All,

I'm wanting to take a closer look at a Fountaine Pajot Athena 38. There doesn't seem to be that many around and I'm yet to see one in the flesh. Anywhere on the East Coast of OZ is good.... does anyone on here own one or know someone that does?

I'm thinking one of these or a Lagoon 38 but am thinking the Lagoon is a lot more roomy than the Athena. That being said, there are many Athena's around for $150 - $200k, so it's going to be interesting to compare them.

AA.
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 01:19   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Re: Chasing an FP Athena on Aus East Coast

If you are looking to buy - try multihull solutions. If you are looking to look, and then buy OS, then best bet is probably via an owners forum/group etc. There used to be a number of them in charter, but I am not aware of any now.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 01:33   #3
Marine Service Provider

Unfortunately I doubt if I'd find one at Multihull solutions, probably a bit old for them.
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 03:58   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausaviator View Post
Hi All,

I'm wanting to take a closer look at a Fountaine Pajot Athena 38. There doesn't seem to be that many around and I'm yet to see one in the flesh. Anywhere on the East Coast of OZ is good.... does anyone on here own one or know someone that does?

I'm thinking one of these or a Lagoon 38 but am thinking the Lagoon is a lot more roomy than the Athena. That being said, there are many Athena's around for $150 - $200k, so it's going to be interesting to compare them.

AA.
I'm bringing one down to Brisbane as I write. Stuck in Singapore for repairs but hope to be on the East Coast in August-ish!! T
bvimatelot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast