Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-06-2024, 18:13   #61

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Cheap Dyneema trampoline net from Amare, someone have that

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Stretching out a net to position a bolt rope is easier to do off the boat if you have a flat area you can use, but can be done on the boat. Note that you have to stretch it out in all four directions. We anchored our nets along two adjacent sides first using thicker line (an old halyard) in the position where we wanted the bolt rope (2 squares in from the edge). We threaded two separate lines along the other two edges and pulled those out very hard. Then we measured from the anchored sides and marked where bolt rope would go on the other two sides. Then we replaced the temporary lines with an 8mm polyester double braid line, lashed in place with locked turns of 3mm polyester double braid around the 2 rows of gathered net and the bolt rope.

When mounting, do it in two or even three stages. Start at the corners to tension on the diagonals, ensuring the rows stay straight (visually important, not structurally). Do a first pass around all the lashings for a medium tension. For final tension, do the corners as tights as you can, then start in the middle of each side and work towards the corners.
Thank you for the tips.
I use a orange 12 braid 10mm Liros Hercules poyester line as hemline, max that fits through the 15mm x15mm mesh.
Overkill i know but fits my colour sceem and was leftover 13m at the chandler for a bargain.
I already put hemline in and lashed the short plus only straight side of the net to crossmember with the 5cm space in wanted. That stays like it is I and will now exactly pull it in the other 3 directions and can work from the foredeck on these 3 sides.

Will follow your adwise and prestreched it on all 4 corners and in the middle of the short side. The middle and bow cleats have quite a hood angle to so that.
Due to trapez form is not that easy to get the 2 short sides right
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2024, 15:58   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Stretching out a net to position a bolt rope is easier to do off the boat if you have a flat area you can use, but can be done on the boat. Note that you have to stretch it out in all four directions. We anchored our nets along two adjacent sides first using thicker line (an old halyard) in the position where we wanted the bolt rope (2 squares in from the edge). We threaded two separate lines along the other two edges and pulled those out very hard. Then we measured from the anchored sides and marked where bolt rope would go on the other two sides. Then we replaced the temporary lines with an 8mm polyester double braid line, lashed in place with locked turns of 3mm polyester double braid around the 2 rows of gathered net and the bolt rope.

When mounting, do it in two or even three stages. Start at the corners to tension on the diagonals, ensuring the rows stay straight (visually important, not structurally). Do a first pass around all the lashings for a medium tension. For final tension, do the corners as tights as you can, then start in the middle of each side and work towards the corners.
Do you also wet a dyneema net to stretch it?
Old 20-07-2024, 16:18   #63

Location: The boat - New Bern, NC, USA; Us - Kingsport, TN, USA
Boat: 1988 Pacific Seacraft 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
Hi multihullers,

Does anyone of you using the super cheap dyneema trampoline net from Amare ?
https://store.armareropes.com/eng/re...ctInfoDetailed
It’s super cheap with 19,50Euro per sqm…wanna use the 15mm x 15mm so the net is 175 Euro for my FP Lavezzi 2m x 4,3m
Is it comfortable and ok?
Surely, it is actually made for fishing net. How long before I catch a piece on my propeller?
wsmurdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 03:07   #64

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

I am looking more seriously into a new net now as well.

I know you bought the Amare one.

Question, how thick are the threads?

Quote:
Hi multihullers,

Does anyone of you using the super cheap dyneema trampoline net from Amare ?
https://store.armareropes.com/eng/re...ctInfoDetailed
It’s super cheap with 19,50Euro per sqm…wanna use the 15mm x 15mm so the net is 175 Euro for my FP Lavezzi 2m x 4,3m
Is it comfortable and ok?
Franziska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 14:02   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franziska View Post
I am looking more seriously into a new net now as well.

I know you bought the Amare one.

Question, how thick are the threads?
Threads? I think you mean twine which is 2 mm Dyneema SK78 PU coated, its about its webbed double in one direction so about 4x2mm thick and mesh size is either 15mm or 30mm. I got 15mm so you need a 12mm rope as hemline.
Old 06-08-2024, 14:22   #66

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Quote:
Threads? I think you mean twine which is 2 mm Dyneema SK78 PU coated, its about its webbed double in one direction so about 4x2mm thick and mesh size is either 15mm or 30mm. I got 15mm so you need a 12mm rope as hemline.

Thanks I was after the measure you gave. 2mm, no matter if one calls it twine or thread.
Different countries, different words...
Franziska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 18:45   #67

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Do you also wet a dyneema net to stretch it?
No, not necessary. There is no additional stretch when wet with UHMWPE line (nor polyester and I suspect nylon either).
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:57   #68

Intermediate update:
Finally got the hemline in right, net is very stretchy when new so you need to first provisionally mount it without the hemline, great for that works 1.5mm liros wipping twine waxed. Then you put in the hemline. Keep old net in place for that.
That's where I am now...next step remove old net and then lash the new net into with 1.5mm dyneema rope.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240815_194757.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	293025  

Tags
cheap, dyneema, ramp