Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2022, 17:34   #3496

Boat: Farrier f27
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjonsilver View Post
Sold for $11,100. Somebody either got a deal or a lot of work. Only time will tell. Anybody here?
I don't think it was a deal, It looked like a work project to me.
Hadn't been hauled out for quite some time, was going to need at least some fiberglass work to damage on an ama and a couple of places on deck.
The seller had no idea how old the rigging is. Not much of sail inventory. The roller-furling jib looked like a high cut 75% yankee. So it was setup as a liveaboard for coastal or daysailing, though it did have a basic watermaker and ssb.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 20:07   #3497

Boat: Amigo 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausnp84 View Post
And that’s exactly why we’re trading up from a 30ft cat to a 43ft tri.

This world’s getting a bit too goofy and it’s time to get back to quiet island life...

Somewhere I read about someone who was worried about the next war, decided to move somewhere out of the way, where was would not reach them. In the 1970s, they picked the Falkland Islands and moved there.

(Probably an urban legend, but too good a story to check)
ParL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 20:45   #3498

Boat: Hedley Nicol Vagabond MK2, 37'

Well there's check and there's checkmate. It is best to get to the roots of these mad impulses so you can learn to resist....
Cavalier MK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 00:09   #3499

Boat: Custom Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParL View Post
Somewhere I read about someone who was worried about the next war, decided to move somewhere out of the way, where was would not reach them. In the 1970s, they picked the Falkland Islands and moved there.

(Probably an urban legend, but too good a story to check)
It wouldn’t surprise me! We ended up settling on Grenada... far enough south to avoid the hurricanes, and it doesn’t have oil so the usual culprits won’t be invading any time soon.

N
ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:26   #3500
Sos

Boat: Woods Flica catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausnp84 View Post
It wouldn’t surprise me! We ended up settling on Grenada... far enough south to avoid the hurricanes, and it doesn’t have oil so the usual culprits won’t be invading any time soon.

N
I think you will find Grenada was invaded in the 80's by a nearby neighbour!
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 02:43   #3501

Boat: Custom Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sos View Post
Indeed... so hopefully not having oil will mean it doesn’t happen again!

Anyway. We’re looking forward to refitting the new tri there over the coming months and then embracing island time

N
ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:12   #3502

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sos View Post
And the locals were and still are very grateful. One of the few places in the world you'll find pro-USA graffiti.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 09:59   #3503

Boat: Summer Twins 25

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334400624...oAAOSw8dNiVJNt
Shaneesprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 19:20   #3504

Kantola Cat that's been on the market for some time (Ply& polyester resin, but looks like it could've had above average maintenance over the years) $25k in CA https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1134

Big old tri for the real dreamers, in Panama 40k reduced price.. https://www.latitude38.com/advert/55...inspired-1989/

Buccaneer 24 tri Toy in Ontario Canada https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/95174

(Not a project) Ray Kendrick 30' folding tri in CA $50k https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/92561
purvisgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 19:35   #3505

Boat: Still building

That's a good price for the Kendrick. Not many built, unlike similar Farriers. Price may be indicative of the construction. Modern boats are usually foam epoxy glass, but Ray offers his designs with a ply epoxy glass option as well. If built well this is a good price. Not cheap, but fair.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 22:11   #3506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
That's a good price for the Kendrick. Not many built, unlike similar Farriers. Price may be indicative of the construction. Modern boats are usually foam epoxy glass, but Ray offers his designs with a ply epoxy glass option as well. If built well this is a good price. Not cheap, but fair.

I don't think there is (initially) any reason to suspect the build quality. Just a less familiar design to americans https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...36653463877253
Old 14-04-2022, 22:19   #3507
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

I had a 9 Metere Kendrick, Great boat, strong easy to live with and quite quick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kite.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	255975  
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2022, 17:38   #3508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneesprit View Post

Would be interesting to see the full story on those bow lines. Reminds me a little of this good looking newick cat, ms patty

Old 08-05-2022, 13:03   #3509

48ft csk type cat 6k FL been posted on this thread before I would imagine, https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa...476299113.html

38 robert harris cat OR 25k https://portland.craigslist.org/nco/...475315326.html

34 brown tri HI 28k https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/...480370100.html

Prout 33 cat RI 8k https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3849089252345/
Old 08-05-2022, 19:14   #3510
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jay Kantola - Trimaran 65 ft by 40 ft beam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneesprit View Post
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334423052...m=334423052446

This auction was restarted and closes out shortly.

The comments of the auction are an interesting read.

Catamaran built 1980 for 'Round Britain Race'. Came 16th out of 50 boats. 50 foot long, 26 foot wide, weighing 3.5 ton. It's just a big dingy, no cabins, but there's room in the 'fly-over' section between the hulls. Built for speed. Foam sandwich construction. I've had 14 knots in Solent without trying. Presently based Southampton. I've two 15 hp Honda outboards(£800 ea), autohelmed on boat not included in sale. Draws 18 inches depth. Selling as getting too old at 66( I sail single-handed) and just broken my arm in flying accident. 07481863922 Clive Jones I've catamaran advertised else where. Cash, not paypal. You can view boat at weekend.

On 13-Apr-22 at 07:52:25 BST, seller added the following information:
The two Honda outboards, 15 hp, would be sold separately. £800 each. The boat comes with large anchor and a lot of chain. Auto-helm sold separately. Boat comes with three main sails, three jibs all free.

On 13-Apr-22 at 08:01:05 BST, seller added the following information:
The Catamaran is ready to sail. I last sailed it August to Ryde, stayed over night on sand, camped on netting though you can sleep inside. Three sets of rudders, two rudder stocks- no excuse of ever losing steerage. You can have the mooring chain and tackle that's presently there, quite substantial/heavy chain. I shall want my tools on there, wet-suit and stuff.

On 14-Apr-22 at 09:31:17 BST, seller added the following information:
Anyone buying this catamaran, Sea Wolf, could either continue with the mooring it's presently on in Southampton Water or may move to Shell Island, North Wales. £57/yr. You can have my mooring if there's a chance I might get a sail occasionally. I would sail round there myself mid summer if this arm good if help needed! :-)

Outboards are electric start as well as pull-start if bought. Come with large fuel tanks.
On 18-Apr-22 at 16:55:59 BST, seller added the following information:

OK Clive.
I forgot to ask where do you access boat from
( which part of Southampton Water is it based) ?
And I assume the standing rigging hasn't been changed for a while . And sails are serviceable only ?
Cheers

ANSWER:-
Access? You can use the public slipway(It's by the marina) at Hythe and row over to catamaran. Help yourself.
Last year, I changed much of the rigging to stainless steel. The mast is over-rigged, twelve stays!
The sails vary in condition, all functional and work as well as new ones but some grubby in places. Three jibs, three main sails. One of the Mains is like new, possibly mylar, brown plastic material. A 'baby sail'( Still very big! Lol) and the best main is with me here. I would have to come down with them when I pick my stuff up off the boat- wetsuit, solar panel, tools, radio, possibly engines if not bought separately? etc. I'm getting more use back in my broken arm. I think I could drive down very soon, next few days but no chance of rowing to boat.
On 19-Apr-22 at 07:43:10 BST, seller added the following information:
If you go to my Facebook site, Clive Jones, and scroll down to post 22nd July, there's a video of me sailing the catamaran. If you find my site, the top picture is of me on 'Good Morning Britain' with Richard Madeley and Charlotte.

This boat will sell on eBay Thursday, no where else. After this time, it won't be my boat. I'm hoping I will be invited to still have the chance of sailing it and doing work on her. Last summer, I machined the crew area in front of the mast to an open area. I've since build a light steel structure cage to go over it so protection from jib in tacking and to be an enclosed area like a tent when not sailing.
On 21-Apr-22 at 09:27:03 BST, seller added the following information:
Today's the day, 9:45 p.m. tonight, I think? The highest bidder, Hussa-nayma, has messaged me that he doesn't what the boat? So whoever the second bidder is, he's winning.

hussa-nayma
-
On 01-May-22 at 12:48:42 BST, seller added the following information:
This is the second time I've put it up for sale. A girl won the bid only to say she wouldn't have the money for ten days(Ebay insist 5 days to pay) but then said she had just found out she was pregnant and now wouldn't have the money. All lies from an evil person. Why do we have to have such horrible people in the world?

I have a bout-builder interested who would deck it and have cabins. This would make it a very expensive boat to buy, very nice. I prefer all weight kept to a minimum for speed but won't matter to me as it won't be my boat. He did say I would be welcome to sail her still. Great. :-)
On 08-May-22 at 09:06:22 BST, seller added the following information:
Only now 24 hours to go and it has to go! £550 atm. I spent £500 last year replacing most of the rigging to Stainless. If the boat was tidied, cabin put on, sanded and proper paint job, be worth a lot. If I lived just closer than 180 miles away from her, things would be different. I'm presently doing up my smaller trimaran(hard at times with this mending arm), 23 ft, and fast. It will go on the Shall Island mooring if it's not wanted. Anyone else enjoy the video of the catamaran, sailing to Ryde last year, on my Facebook?
pbmaise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap, paracelle