Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2022, 10:07   #3541

Boat: Just Learning
Re: Lagoon 47 price reduced $36,501 to €130,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
I always liked these boats and this one is kinda cheap and a project so it's perfect here. It's a 1995 Lagoon 47 which needs some work, probably new engines and lots a new other stuff. The ad says it has newer standing rigging, generator and mainsail so that's a start. These were reasonably fast boats with good bridgedeck clearance so if the hull and other stuff is sound then it might be worth a look.
https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/199...on-47-8249852/
Every time I scroll past this ad, I get the goldfish crackers jingle stuck in my head (The snack, that smiles back - goldfish!). Just me?
OffTheCharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:44   #3542

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc View Post
Here is one available in Yarmouth Maine. Stored on the hard at Greene Marine. $7500

https://maine.craigslist.org/boa/d/y...503876659.html is one available in Maine.
Attachment 260417
Can anybody tell anything about the design just by looking at the pics?

jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:31   #3543

re: 30-32ft tri in Maine, I was wondering the same thing about design/designer. Anyone know? I think this has been in this thread many years ago, on ebay. Only glassed below the waterline I was told previously, quality build & plywood though. Previously demountable now glued in place. I believe daggerboard. The boat's name is Wings II seems logical (based on name & built in Ontario) same builder as 'Wings' the Harris ~38 tri that's also been on & off for sale for awhile.
purvisgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:15   #3544

1985 crowther 33 Tri in NE Pa. $9,900 listed pop yachts,,,work work work work......
mscastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 13:05   #3545

37 ft cat in TX 40k,
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...52237208828973
Old 05-07-2022, 13:28   #3546
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by purvisgs View Post

Now that’s a cool looking cat at a good price. I think the builder has a good reputation.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 16:36   #3547

Re: 30' Trimaran in Maine
This trimaran was designed / built / owned / sailed by P. Wurtle in 1981 and spent 30 years with the same family cruising the waters of Georgian Bay. The owner then sold the boat to and moved up to a Shuttleworth designed Tek 35 catamaran. The boat arrived at Greene Marine in 2011 and has been on the hard ever since.
mattyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:23   #3548

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Now that’s a cool looking cat at a good price. I think the builder has a good reputation.

I can buy into only a single daggerboard, probably less than 1% of the time when that becomes much of a consideration.

Never seen another cat with only a single transom mounted rudder, although it looks like hardware/gudgeons may(?) already be there on the other hull- and not insurmountable to add a 2nd rudder by any means. Maybe it's just a mis-communication in ad and there is another rudder blade stored onboard.

The wild shifter ~28ft tri's had solid glass hulls and I think held up well.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:03   #3549

Boat: Lagoon 39

Would anyone be able to offer any advoce on what cat would work for a family of four on a budget? My wife and I have cruised on a mono before we had kids. We are leaning towards an older cat now and could take on a 4 month refit, but not a two year project...
macieknan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 05:43   #3550

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Quote:
Originally Posted by macieknan View Post
Would anyone be able to offer any advoce on what cat would work for a family of four on a budget? My wife and I have cruised on a mono before we had kids. We are leaning towards an older cat now and could take on a 4 month refit, but not a two year project...
You don't mention your budget. But several cats come to mind. The Gemini 105mc and the other variants can be had for less than $100K. Above that amount you will find the Prouts, Catalacs, and the smaller boats from the major builders. Lagoon 37, Fountaine Pajot Athena, the older Norsemans, Privileges etc. Also an older custom can be affordable.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:09   #3551
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Simpson 48’ in Oriental NC. Not cheap but inexpensive for a 48’er if in good shape. We had a contract on her 20 years ago, really nice cat.

https://www.catamaransite.com/catama...oogle_vignette
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2022, 06:39   #3552

Boat: Summer Twins 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by purvisgs View Post
I can buy into only a single daggerboard, probably less than 1% of the time when that becomes much of a consideration.

Never seen another cat with only a single transom mounted rudder, although it looks like hardware/gudgeons may(?) already be there on the other hull- and not insurmountable to add a 2nd rudder by any means. Maybe it's just a mis-communication in ad and there is another rudder blade stored onboard.
Not sure why a CAT would need 2 Rudders in the first place, it’s not like we can sail with only one hull in the water.
Shaneesprit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2022, 10:52   #3553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneesprit View Post
Not sure why a CAT would need 2 Rudders in the first place, it’s not like we can sail with only one hull in the water.

this Wild 40ft cat actually does have 2 rudders one is just not installed. I've seen a single center rudder on some 60s beach type cats (didn't work that well) and maybe one or two older 20ish ft small cabin/pod type designs, but a rudder one only one hull would certainly not be ideal for balance whether or not you're flying a hull
Old 19-07-2022, 11:36   #3554

Here's one resurfacing from this thread about 2-3 years back, 39ft horstman in FL 13k with an unstayed "aerorig".. I'd add at least 3-5k to that $800 estimate for any proper mechanic to address an overheated yanmar though.

https://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/...510189175.html
Old 19-07-2022, 13:03   #3555

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Simpson 48’ in Oriental NC. Not cheap but inexpensive for a 48’er if in good shape. We had a contract on her 20 years ago, really nice cat.

https://www.catamaransite.com/catama...oogle_vignette
OOOHHH.
I'm gushing!!

Tags
cheap, paracelle