Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2013, 14:57   #496

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Well tell us what she looked like.
Shes rough, no interior, lots of glasswork hard to tell if its deep, a few soft spots, Large heavy growth on bottom Diesels look good, priced right?
Current owner says shes never been sailed but found a blog started in 07 about a family that planned a Circumnavigation and shows the boat,,,, Sailing! Not sure what George knows or why hes not talking
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 15:51   #497
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos View Post

Shes rough, no interior, lots of glasswork hard to tell if its deep, a few soft spots, Large heavy growth on bottom Diesels look good, priced right?
Current owner says shes never been sailed but found a blog started in 07 about a family that planned a Circumnavigation and shows the boat,,,, Sailing! Not sure what George knows or why hes not talking
Sounds like an interesting project.......maybe! The possibility of extensive
delamimation would worry me. So is it a go for you? I can't believe she's never sailed. She was built in Germany and I can't imagine someone would ship her over. Did she have an interior originally or maybe she was shipped over unfinished?
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 16:23   #498

Not sure, on the fence, we just changed our lifestyle moving aboard and this would mean a different change. Dockage would be difficult where we want to be/ restore it. Needs alot. Windows hatches, headliners, paint, electrical, systems, furniture,possibly diesels pretty much everything. Its a good deal and were capable, just not sure we want too. Thinking long and hard over next 24 hours. Think it was gutted due to mold and mildew as everything that can leak does. Concerned about delamination also, below waterline has alot of growth and side shows water/ mudline about a 10"over where it should be. Will need sails and running rigging, ac etc figuring at least 100k+ purchase price doing it ourselfs. Not counting our labor. If we were to pay to have it done you may as well buy new.
Old 19-07-2013, 05:25   #499
cruiser

Questions have come up about this boats real history and age. The owner says one thing( that it was 'shipped' directly to his yard on Pine Island in 2002 from Germany. He says the boat just sat there since 2002 and deteriorated. He also says the boat is not "Victoria" and he knows of Victoria which was built in mid 90s. Yet smj has produced a 2007 USCG Documentation copy which says ZIA and Victoria are the same boat. The documentation does not say what year it was built. hhhhmmm.
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 05:37   #500
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetheleo View Post
Questions have come up about this boats real history and age. The owner says one thing( that it was 'shipped' directly to his yard on Pine Island in 2002 from Germany. He says the boat just sat there since 2002 and deteriorated. He also says the boat is not "Victoria" and he knows of Victoria which was built in mid 90s. Yet smj has produced a 2007 USCG Documentation copy which says ZIA and Victoria are the same boat. The documentation does not say what year it was built. hhhhmmm.
More info
http://yachtingjournal.com/directory/boat/zia-1181200
Old 19-07-2013, 07:47   #501

Hard to dispute that ZIA and Victoria are not the same boat. The real question is the year of the boat Delaware homemade boat company makes me Believe that it is a state issued ID for homemade vessel. These aren't hard to get and you could get one for any year you wanted. The motors do not look original. You can see where the actual original motor mounts were. Looking at it it is hard to believe that vessel is only 11 years old.
Old 19-07-2013, 08:06   #502
cruiser

The owner admits he "knows of" DELAWARE HOMEMADE BOATS and says he will 'clear up the confusions' when he gets back from Texas next week. Im now guessing that he and DELAWARE are on and same and his yard on Pine Island bought the hull -had it shipped to his yard" on Pine Island ---then finished it cheaply and then sold it. I have sent a letter to the man on the Documentation , David Vrona, asking for info. regardless of the outcome the current owner has not been truthful. By the way he insists "Victoria" is a different boat- but it sailed in same waters around Sanibel/Pine Island. I also asked current owner for a winch list and pics of the removed winches. Sisterships have Lewmar 65 s as primaries for the large genoa. G
Old 19-07-2013, 08:06   #503
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos View Post
Hard to dispute that ZIA and Victoria are not the same boat. The real question is the year of the boat Delaware homemade boat company makes me Believe that it is a state issued ID for homemade vessel. These aren't hard to get and you could get one for any year you wanted. The motors do not look original. You can see where the actual original motor mounts were. Looking at it it is hard to believe that vessel is only 11 years old.
Could also be that the current owner went through the process of taking ownership through the state of Florida due to unpaid bills on the vessel. That would be one explanation for the state title instead of the original documentation being offered as proof of ownership.
Old 19-07-2013, 23:35   #504

Boat: None currently.

Attention Steve in Sonoma:
Did you take a look at Moonshadow (37' Brown Searunner) in Oakland?
If so, would you please either PM me, or post, some details of your inspection?
I take it you determined that she was not worthy of ownership?

Thanks!

Craig
CraigDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 19:53   #505

Boat: Cross 38' trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigDC View Post
Attention Steve in Sonoma:
Did you take a look at Moonshadow (37' Brown Searunner) in Oakland?
If so, would you please either PM me, or post, some details of your inspection?
I take it you determined that she was not worthy of ownership?

Thanks!

Craig
Hi, CraigDC-- I never did look at Moonshadow as I am not in a position to buy her right now and have other priorities...
stevelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 20:07   #506

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply.
Is there any chance you could go look at her, or know of someone in the are that might be able to?

Thanks again!

Craig
Old 21-07-2013, 10:06   #507

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Craig, here's one. I'm not sure but I think you could put her in a shipping container and pick her up in Hawaii.
1981 Stiletto 27 Championship Edition sailboat for sale in Ohio
Old 21-07-2013, 11:55   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Craig, here's one. I'm not sure but I think you could put her in a shipping container and pick her up in Hawaii.
1981 Stiletto 27 Championship Edition sailboat for sale in Ohio
Are these any better than the Mac36? The Mac36 has a lot more room.
It would have to be the Stiletto 30 to have anywhere near the room I need for a family of 4, but thanks for the lead!

Craig
Old 24-07-2013, 05:22   #509
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetheleo View Post
The owner admits he "knows of" DELAWARE HOMEMADE BOATS and says he will 'clear up the confusions' when he gets back from Texas next week. Im now guessing that he and DELAWARE are on and same and his yard on Pine Island bought the hull -had it shipped to his yard" on Pine Island ---then finished it cheaply and then sold it. I have sent a letter to the man on the Documentation , David Vrona, asking for info. regardless of the outcome the current owner has not been truthful. By the way he insists "Victoria" is a different boat- but it sailed in same waters around Sanibel/Pine Island. I also asked current owner for a winch list and pics of the removed winches. Sisterships have Lewmar 65 s as primaries for the large genoa. G
New info & pics on here on Cruisers Forumforum -its not a 2002-- its mid 90s and apparently first boat by the German Yard -not the last--shipped to USA by Mr Vrona-- Current Owner has lots of explaining to do. The interior in the pics looks jumbled---the exterior looks well beat up-- nothing like the Victoria does when launched (Are there 2 Victoria s??) Woe upon Woe
Old 24-07-2013, 19:57   #510

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

This one is not really cheap or a project but I think it is a good boat and fairly priced. It is a Simpson design and those are usually pretty good.
1994 Lipscomb 33 sailboat for sale in Vermont

Tags
cheap, paracelle