Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2016, 14:49   #31

Boat: Beneteau 36' CC
Re: Endeavour Catamarans

Here's an Endeavour 30' cat (sail) that crossed the Pacific - I'm sure it wasn't smooth as glass all the time.

EndeavourCats
atrometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 20:29   #32

Boat: Nothing yet
Question Re: Endeavour Catamarans

Pardon me for digging up old bones. This is my first post. I'm looking at an Endeavour Victory 35. Since I am in farm-country and don't really know any sailors, I thought it would be worth picking some brains here and see what you guys think before i plunk $100,000+ down for a boat. My wife and I want to spend our winters on a multi-hull in the Caribbean (6 months on our farm in New England and 6 on our cat). If things go well with that, we may try sailing around the world, one winter at a time.

So, we would need a boat that 3 of us can live on, my son is 8 right now. It would have to be blue-water worthy. Also, since we would have to put it up in dry dock for 6 months in a bunch of different places, it probably can't be too big. One person should be able to sail it. We are not experienced sailors. We want solar and wind power. We need a big refrigerator and freezer. My wife is basically a vegetarian. She needs lots of veggies, she isn't eating crackers and spam. I have been told that larger cats, like 40 and up, can't get into a lot of places in the US because of bridge clearance. I have also been told that many dockyards don't have cranes to be able to haul-out the larger cats. That is why I have been looking for something with a beam of 16' or so.

I'm happy for feedback, if you care to share.
Medge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:12   #33

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

The victory isn't what I would call a blue water cat, having said that there is more than one that has crossed the Pacific. And even a 30 endeavourcat that did the same. Alot of free board, unique power set ups. Loht and narrow aren't great blue water characteristics,Though they do have alot of room, look for saloon window leak issues as the one we're quite common and hard to fix on that model. In he same price ranges I'd be looking very hard at a PDQ 36 (18' beam), prout snow goose elite, older fountaine pajot athena 38 (20' beam) possibly dean 36 cat, fountaine pajot tobago35, lagoon35 or 37 tpi, I also think the endeavor cat 34 or 36;was a slightly better cat than the victory 35 we can though many vc35s were made by the same company and same price range , if you have 115-125k I'd be looking at cats in the 150 range and make offers, might even find a lagoon 38 or maxim 38 In your range. By the way great choice in contrasting lifestyles. We had a tree farm for several years among other careers a few ended up selling everything to cruise full time. Good luck and fair winds

Sent from my PLT1077G using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:36   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrometer View Post
Here's an Endeavour 30' cat (sail) that crossed the Pacific - I'm sure it wasn't smooth as glass all the time.

EndeavourCats
That was me and my girlfriend. Had a blast and the boat behaved good most of the time. Maybe not the boat I would have choosen today for a similar trip. Did a similar trip 2012-2013, that time on a 38 x 22 ft cat.
andreas.mehlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:56   #35

Boat: wharram tiki 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas.mehlin View Post
That was me and my girlfriend. Had a blast and the boat behaved good most of the time. Maybe not the boat I would have choosen today for a similar trip. Did a similar trip 2012-2013, that time on a 38 x 22 ft cat.
Super pics Andreas.What boat would be your choice today?
salticrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 14:09   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by salticrak View Post
Super pics Andreas.What boat would be your choice today?
Thanks

It's all about the money
Don't have any particular ones, the best boat for the bucks.
Can probably be mono, tri or cat. More likely a mono cause it's easier to find. Something around 38-44ft
andreas.mehlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 20:12   #37

Boat: Gemini 3200

So let me add my 2 cents as I just went through this decision process. I had my heart set on an older Endeavourcat, right price range, year, etc. The advice I have always heard is buy the biggest boat you can afford and the smallest you can stand. I looked at many in Florida and only one was anything near what I would buy. When people give you the standard advice, "see lots of boats", DO IT.

The best boat you can buy is usually the best maintained. After seeing several Endeavourcats that had been left to rot or were poorly maintained, I ended up with an entirely different boat. My boat does not have the separate shower but it will be years before I need that daily.
rassabossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:42   #38

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassabossa View Post
So let me add my 2 cents as I just went through this decision process. I had my heart set on an older Endeavourcat, right price range, year, etc. The advice I have always heard is buy the biggest boat you can afford and the smallest you can stand. I looked at many in Florida and only one was anything near what I would buy. When people give you the standard advice, "see lots of boats", DO IT.

The best boat you can buy is usually the best maintained. After seeing several Endeavourcats that had been left to rot or were poorly maintained, I ended up with an entirely different boat. My boat does not have the separate shower but it will be years before I need that daily.
Did you see the endeavourcat36 in Florida that was 60k? I was curious about the condition.

Sent from my PLT1077G using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 14:02   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post
I've spent a fair amount of time on the 30' boat. I think it's impressive for it's size. Designing it as an outboard powered boat with a small cockpit (for a cat) allowed for an immense amount of room in the interior for it's size. I've sailed the boat on flat water and she was quick, the 7/8 jib tacked easily. The only item I didn't care for was the helm position, but this is a personal preference.

I would definitely recommend a Endeavour 30' for protected water sailing, and can't think of any boat in it's size class that can touch it at anchor or dockside.

So, would you recomend the 30' catamaran for blue water?
Espiros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endeavour