Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2017, 15:04   #31
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: Factory Status of Lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainfitzwine View Post
Not so simple when you're on the move from France to California. Raymarine has their own warranty protocol which includes sending the dome into their factory. We did have local RM service dealer troubleshoot then but couldn't just replace without authorization. Take to long to explain but point is warranties suck on the move. Cash gets action. I share this as an FYI for long maiden voyages during warranty. Overall I love my Lagoon 450 with 30,000 miles under my hulls already.
Thanks for the FYI...
I Understand the logistics problems

But the Builder's lack of Support to a valued new Lagoon Buyer who is in transit is troubling

It deserves more clarity.

Was the cause a Raymarine failure or an installation failiure?

Either way, would not the radar have been purchased thru Lagoon or a local dealer who then subcontracted the installation?

If so then logically would not Lagoon need to sign off on the protocols to authorize repair - replacement and in your case fast track the solution?

Or is this a profit center for the Lagoon dealer who then did not support you?
This is a big deal for my friend-client who is used to Superyacht support by the Builder.

If he were to buy a Lagoon and take delivery of a semi custom larger model from the Factory........Then Normal Expectations for the first year is that the Builder provides a fast track warranty service for a customer's yacht in transit.

That the Builder uses their influence and logistics experience to coordinate and solve the problem in tandem with other warranty issues.

That seems to be lacking!
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 15:24   #32

Re: Factory Status of Lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Thanks for the FYI...
I Understand the logistics problems

But the Builder's lack of Support to a valued new Lagoon Buyer who is in transit is troubling

Was the cause a Raymarine failure or an installation failiure?

Either way, would not the radar have been purchased thru Lagoon or a local dealer who then subcontracted the installation?

If so then logically would not Lagoon need to sign off on the protocols to authorize repair - replacement and in your case fast track the solution?

Or is this a profit center for the Lagoon dealer who then did not support you?

This timeline lines up with an electronics warranty support issue I encountered. Even only in the states IIRC it took a couple months to get the repair work completed. I was in transit. Fortunately with West Marine I was able to drop off the unit in one state and pickup the replacement at another West Marine (hold for arrival).

The work involved technical work & validation by the local location, an eventual escalation to factory level repair, an eventual factory decision for full replacement, followed by drop ship of the new unit to a new West Marine location ahead of my arrival. I'll admit I had doubts along the way but ultimately the supply chain came through for me.
SecondBase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon