Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2020, 14:40   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi 40
Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi generator question

Hi there, I am new to this forum having just purchased a 2006 FP Lavezzi 40 four weeks ago. It has 400w of solar panels and a 400Ah LiIon battery back which makes it largely self sufficient on the DC side here in Florida. The battery charger has not been used except to test it in the last two and a half years.
To extend comfort in central Florida humid summer weather, I am considering adding a generator to be able to run the air conditioning at anchor. I have a MasterVolt 3.5 Whisper generator with very low hours sitting in my garage that was free to me and that would be more than sufficient to run my AC load.
from what I can tell, generators were option on the Lavezzi, albeit from the trolling of for sale ads, an option not very often exercised. What I have not been able to find is where they located the generator on these boats at the factory. Any help, especially pictures would be greatly appreciated. I have come up empty after nearly a week of searching the internet. Thanks!
KPRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 23:48   #2

Boat: Cruising Catamaran
Re: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi generator question

I read somewhere that generator space is under port rear bed. I think a lot of Lavessis had Northern Lights 5 KVA. If you search Lavezzis for sale you may be lucky and find one with photo of generator.
Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2020, 06:21   #3

I had heard that space was what was used for a generator also. I have measured that space and it is large enough to support a small generator install. The key is height and that space is a couple inches taller than I need for the sound enclosure. There is a lot more involved with installing a generator than just finding space for it (combustion air to the space, exhaust out, where do they locate the seawater inlet, etc.), and that is why I am trying to connect to a Lavezzi owner with a factory installed genset.
What I would really like is to connect with an owner who can share pictures of their install with me.
Old 17-09-2020, 17:43   #4

Boat: Cruising Catamaran

Have you tried the Fountaine Pajot facebook owners group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1017563221642960/
Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 18:32   #5

Yes, sort of, I have made application to join but have not received an OK yet. I agree Tin Tin that is a good idea and probably a good resource. Thank you!

Tags
fountaine pajot, generator, Lavezzi