Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2021, 06:23   #181

Re: La Vagabonde - I don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandepagnier View Post
canadian is american after all, and usa is very similar country to canada

also, really disappointed to see them go to the same island and the same mountain, but I hiked to the top, they drive in a car. Well, I went to a lot more islands and climbed a lot of mountains that did not even have trails to top. They whine about how some guy tried to steal their outboard when he is living in poverty trying to support 2 kids and they show up in million dollar boat and could easily use oars on their dinghy instead. He isn't wrong: they are.

la vagabonde is also very hypocritical as they claim to care about environment, but heavily rely on engines, air travel and exploitation of sea food. If everyone lived like them, the environment would be a lot worse off. I do catch fish but I have enough shame not to take a picture of the animal I killed as if it were a trophy.
U must have really enjoyed the episode when they had that freaky climate girl onboard.
Peace-o-cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 06:27   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy J View Post
The only people watching these dingleberries are couch potato's and dreamers......

The worst yet is the two yahoo's on "gone with the winns", hooked a fish in the Bahamas, recorded it, all the while not figuring out how to slow the boat or go in reverse to retrieve it. Dumba$$'s let 500 yards of monofilament out in into the sea when it came off the reel, yes they actually recorded it.........
And u watched every minute of it. 🤓
Peace-o-cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 06:45   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-o-cake View Post
U must have really enjoyed the episode when they had that freaky climate girl onboard.
Actually, those were some of the more interesting episodes recently. Specially the part involving Nikki Henderson. She definitely seemed to know her stuff.
Joh.Ghurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 06:50   #184

Quote:
Did not know that. Thanks for relaying. Officially added to my “no fly list” 🇺🇸
What you posted to - I have watched every DELOS episode and some multiple times. While they do bring AGW issues to the forefront at times I have NEVER heard them ever say they were Canadian, nor shy away the fact they are Americans. (well the owner Brian and his brother Brady). Heck, they fly the American Flag on the boat.

They do appear to try and mitigate waste, burning of fuel, conscious about fishing and try to be responsible about the earth. But no where do they rail about what others do. Just tell what they do.

So if you don't like them that is fine; but don't stop watching due to another's erroneous posting. If that person would like to share which episode they did that in, then great, but unless its a one sentence statement or something I dont think it exists.
Sheriffdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 08:44   #185

Boat: J/88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffdep View Post
What you posted to - I have watched every DELOS episode and some multiple times. While they do bring AGW issues to the forefront at times I have NEVER heard them ever say they were Canadian, nor shy away the fact they are Americans. (well the owner Brian and his brother Brady). Heck, they fly the American Flag on the boat.
I somehow got the impression that they were Canadian as well from way back in the days that it was just Brian and Brady before they met the girls. Not to say this is correct, but I know I didn't just make up the Canadian element. Perhaps they started in Canada and I made an assumption.
Old 29-06-2021, 09:10   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
I somehow got the impression that they were Canadian as well from way back in the days that it was just Brian and Brady before they met the girls. Not to say this is correct, but I know I didn't just make up the Canadian element. Perhaps they started in Canada and I made an assumption.
Brian was working in Seattle for a software company, went to the library and saw a picture book on the Pacific Islands which set the seed for the boat idea. He bought Delos and he and his first wife headed to Mexico. Brady joined the boat to help them cross the Pacific. I *** THINK *** Brady was in Florida working as a diver instructor. Along the way, his first wife left, and Brady and Brian kept on going.

Delos flies a US Flag and the spreader flags have always shown the nationality of the crews. The number of flags hanging on the spreader was interesting on some trips.

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 10:40   #187

Boat: Gemini 105Mc

Quote:
And u watched every minute of it. ��
Haven't watched a single minute of them since....

I prefer not to watch stupid people doing dumb things while also F'ing up the environment...........

But if you're stupid, and liking watching dumb people do dumb a$$ things go right ahead.......
Davy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 10:55   #188

Quote:
The worst yet is the two yahoo's on "gone with the winns", hooked a fish in the Bahamas, recorded it, all the while not figuring out how to slow the boat or go in reverse to retrieve it. Dumba$$'s let 500 yards of monofilament out in into the sea when it came off the reel, yes they actually recorded it.........

Quote:
And u watched every minute of it. 🤓

Quote:
Haven't watched a single minute of them since....

I prefer not to watch stupid people doing dumb things while also F'ing up the environment...........

But if you're stupid, and liking watching dumb people do dumb a$$ things go right ahead.......
I'm confused. So you never saw the episode you're criticizing??
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 11:02   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
I'm confused. So you never saw the episode you're criticizing??
Um....... well I don't know what to say..........

You know, I watched a video of two idiots, let 500 yards of monofilament out into the ocean and haven't watched any of their videos since. Is that difficult??
Old 29-06-2021, 13:06   #190
lyl

https://youtu.be/NdeMRKm-5RQ

This channel is the best one. What kind of sailboat is that?
lyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 13:10   #191
lyl

Cool Re: La Vagabonde - I don't understand

Quote:
Um....... well I don't know what to say..........

You know, I watched a video of two idiots, let 500 yards of monofilament out into the ocean and haven't watched any of their videos since. Is that difficult??
Davy, you have the best sailboat ever, a 105Mc.
lyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 13:34   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl View Post
Davy, you have the best sailboat ever, a 105Mc.
Well. thank you.......

Been sailing this boat for about eight years, a monohull for ten years before that and several power boats before sailing..... probably about the time the video creators in question were pooping in diapers........
Old 29-06-2021, 16:55   #193

Boat: Ta Chiao 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
(snippage)
I still watch Sailing Project Atticus, but they kinda lost me when they did the GoFundMe to pay for the new boat.
Yeah, lost us there, too.

Quote:
I tend not to watch any of the American cruisers (hence why I initially didn't warm to the Wynns) because I just find their accents so annoying. Sorry, Seppos, but that's just how it is. You probably think us Aussies sound weird, too!
Not just the accent, mate! (hint... Grammar)

Quote:
Vagabond. I also admired their grasping the opportunity to assist Greta. .... Climate change is real,
Of course it's real. It's been real for as long as the planet has had a climate, and there have been SEVERAL periods during that history when the climate wouldn't have supported human life. But the exaggerated claims from the Panic Peddlers for the last 30 years haven't come close to the mark.

And make no mistake, SLV's move with Greta and her sire was purely self-serving. If you look into it, you'll find that the so-called "carbon footprint" of that stunt far exceeded what would have resulted from the Thunbergs simply getting on an airliner.
Brewgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 17:13   #194

Quote:
Did not know that. Thanks for relaying. Officially added to my “no fly list” 🇺🇸
Maybe you didn't know it because it isn't true. Don't jump to conclusions based on posts by anonymous net surfers. I questioned the poster (Rubicon King) on that claim over 24 hours ago, he hasn't bothered to reply.

Think about it: The boat flies the U.S. flag, is labeled with Seattle home port, and is obviously USCG documented. (Hint: the owner has to be a U.S. Citizen)

Also, Brian has talked many, many times on camera about his family, former homes, etc, never claims to be from anywhere but America, and both he and Brady very frequently mention visiting "home" (the USA).
Old 29-06-2021, 17:21   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannc View Post
Brian was working in Seattle for a software company, went to the library and saw a picture book on the Pacific Islands which set the seed for the boat idea. He bought Delos and he and his first wife headed to Mexico. Brady joined the boat to help them cross the Pacific. I *** THINK *** Brady was in Florida working as a diver instructor. Along the way, his first wife left, and Brady and Brian kept on going.

Delos flies a US Flag and the spreader flags have always shown the nationality of the crews. The number of flags hanging on the spreader was interesting on some trips.

Later,
Dan
Well summarized. I've been watching them for at least eight years, and exchanged a couple of emails with Brian. They've never appeared to be even remotely shy about being American.
Another factoid: Brian has taken the boat for almost a complete circumnavigation, needing only to get back to the Pacific coast of Mexico to finish, and the closest the boat got to Canada was Seattle originally and Maine earlier this year.