Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2016, 01:20   #61

Boat: LAGOON 400
Re: Lagoon 42

it does look great !

One should budget for gennaker or some other reaching sail though as it has relatively less sail than 400 and 400 definitively needs extra light wind sail.

I take it as another reef which is at around 18 kn apparent. Then jib takes over. So white sail are more efficient at higher winds which is not bad thing.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 06:39   #62
TOT

Boat: Lagoon 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol1970 View Post
Simple Answer...dramatically. The layout is so much cleaner and open it is not really close. Not knocking the 400S2 at all, but it is like the designers actually spent time on the boats and thought through all the details, not just from a function standpoint, but esthetically as well. The cockpit being all one height makes the useable space larger than the 450. The execution of the teak deck is gorgeous. The interior is yes Ikea-ish, but very clean and attractive. My business was automotive interiors so I have an extremely critical eye for this stuff, and for the price point that the L42 is at, there honestly was not any comparison at the show. Like others have mentioned here, it was the boat everybody kept coming back to. If she sails as good as she looks Lagoon will have a run-away hit on their hands IMO. (couple pix attached)

Thanks it does look very nice can't wait to see how they sail.

SV TOT
Wayne 😃
Old 20-02-2016, 11:04   #63

Boat: 1963 Pearson Electra 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftbrainstuff View Post
$86k and $29k for delivery! Surely thats a typo?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

This is price for delivery from the price list they gave me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1455995053.009901.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	119321

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 20-02-2016, 17:07   #64

Boat: 2015 Leopard 44

Here is the complete price and option sheet current as of Miami: List-price-L42-Miami-2016_-A2016-cor2.pdf

They did tell me that shipping to the East Coast was pricey compared to the French Carib. Actual cost will vary based on a number of factors at the time of commitment, even implying that a much lower cost was possible if they get clever vs just quoting the book standard.
Old 20-02-2016, 17:46   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Casey View Post
Here is the complete price and option sheet current as of Miami: List-price-L42-Miami-2016_-A2016-cor2.pdf

They did tell me that shipping to the East Coast was pricey compared to the French Carib. Actual cost will vary based on a number of factors at the time of commitment, even implying that a much lower cost was possible if they get clever vs just quoting the book standard.

We were seriously considering the lagoon 42 but decided to buy a different boat. However we did obtain a formal quote from lagoon. In our case the delivery was going to be by ship to Guadalupe. The cost was $40,000 which is about half of what it is to the eastern United States. They said it was because it was going to a French island.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
rajsach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 19:26   #66

Boat: Hanse 348

had my boat shipped a few months ago. wasn't nearly that much, but it was consolidated with several other boats coming from Lagoon. It might be that much if it is by itself, ask about it, or see if it's negotiable.
jbinbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 20:24   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparau View Post
It does look very nice but they would be hot in the tropics wouldn't they?

I guess you'd learn pretty fast to splash down the steps before boarding after a swim.
My wife walked around the L42 on two separate days in bare feet with no issues, but I think it only got to the mid-70s to be fair.

There were 2 times I recall her commenting on the temperature of the deck of others boats and seeking the shade. I think one was the Antares. Can't recall the other.
John Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 03:07   #68

Boat: None

Latest video of Lagoon 42 doing 16 knots

https://youtu.be/Qqi7jQXY4bk

Have seen it myself in Dusseldorf ... I can talk a long time but I can also just summarize it - this will be the single most succesful catamaran of all time - the successor to the L380. Period.
brainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 03:09   #69

Boat: None

brainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 05:01   #70

Boat: Lagoon 42

"Have seen it myself in Dusseldorf ... I can talk a long time but I can also just summarize it - this will be the single most succesful catamaran of all time - the successor to the L380. Period."

You are spot on on this I think. The boat is beautiful, and is priced much better than it's primary competition. The layout is great, and the cockpit is stunning. They are not only getting a huge draw at the shows, but are selling quite well. We just signed a contract for one, and they are on hull number 107 already, having just introduced the boat two months ago. At this rate, they will have to expand their production facility!

Chris, SV Saltrun
Saltrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 11:31   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltrun View Post
We just signed a contract for one, and they are on hull number 107 already, having just introduced the boat two months ago. At this rate, they will have to expand their production facility!

Chris, SV Saltrun
Chris, that's putting your money where your mouth is.

Good luck with the purchase. I'm sure we'll all read about the process with interest.
Old 17-03-2016, 15:11   #72

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltrun View Post
"Have seen it myself in Dusseldorf ... I can talk a long time but I can also just summarize it - this will be the single most succesful catamaran of all time - the successor to the L380. Period."

You are spot on on this I think. The boat is beautiful, and is priced much better than it's primary competition. The layout is great, and the cockpit is stunning. They are not only getting a huge draw at the shows, but are selling quite well. We just signed a contract for one, and they are on hull number 107 already, having just introduced the boat two months ago. At this rate, they will have to expand their production facility!

Chris, SV Saltrun
this must be record in recreational boat world. No doubt pissing off competition cat and mono producers.

Hope though not all purchases based on that video as, one needs to understand, this is just marketing.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 07:37   #73

Boat: St. Francis 44 mkII

Given the comparatively small sail area of this cat as supplied, can we just accept this video is simply marketing hype?..

after all, I suspect every single production cat of a similar length would go equally as fast with an asymmetric the size of a small planet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainmaker View Post
Latest video of Lagoon 42 doing 16 knots

https://youtu.be/Qqi7jQXY4bk

Have seen it myself in Dusseldorf ... I can talk a long time but I can also just summarize it - this will be the single most succesful catamaran of all time - the successor to the L380. Period.
Mystic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 13:09   #74

"after all, I suspect every single production cat of a similar length would go equally as fast with an asymmetric the size of a small planet..."

If that is all that is required to go fast, we will shortly be seeing videos from every single production cat of a similar length because this is the sort of publicity they are all trying to buy with their marketing dollars.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 14:03   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic38 View Post
with an asymmetric the size of a small planet...
No. Just the standard Lagoon gennaker that most non-charter Lagoons routinely use.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon