Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2020, 04:34   #1

Lagoon 42 Warranty

I recently became the owner of a used 2020 Lagoon 42. The engines have 503 hours which seems like an appropriate time to service them and the generator. All of the paperwork is on the boat in St. Lucia. I am concerned about voiding my warranty by having this service done at the marina where it is berthed. Does anyone have any info they could share about early service requirements? I didn’t think about it until I was back in the US after the purchase.
Flando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 04:40   #2

Re: Lagoon 42 Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flando View Post
I recently became the owner of a used 2020 Lagoon 42. The engines have 503 hours which seems like an appropriate time to service them and the generator. All of the paperwork is on the boat in St. Lucia. I am concerned about voiding my warranty by having this service done at the marina where it is berthed. Does anyone have any info they could share about early service requirements? I didn’t think about it until I was back in the US after the purchase.

Locate a distributor/dealer nearby and inquire with them. The Lagoon factory is fairly notorious for not wanting to communicate directly with owners. See this page. https://www.cata-lagoon.com/en/contact

Good luck!
Rennsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 06:58   #3

Boat: Cruising Catamaran

Engines would be under a Yanmar warranty and if serviced by a certified Yanmar mechanic should be fine. If you bought the boat off a local charter company, eg Dreamyacht - phone them and ask who services their Yanmars.
Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 01:12   #4

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold

Your engine warranty is probably already void. 500 hours on a 2020 boat probably means it has been in charter and Volvo and Yanmar regard that as commercial use of what are sold as 'leisure' engines. They may have changed that policy now as I'm talking about a few years back. However, there are definitely Volvo and Yanmar authorised agents on St Lucia so get one of those to do the work.

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon