Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2022, 10:05   #121
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Re: Lagoon bulkheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayiii View Post
Why do you say they are ignoring the issue? They are fixing all of the 450’s. Just a fear monger statement?

From what I understand not all. If you don’t meet certain criteria you have to pay for the repair, such as not using your 450 in a “normal” manner. Of course Lagoon defines “normal”.

Lagoon said it will support each Lagoon 450 owner whose boat was subject to ‘normal use’.

Examples of abnormal use include: sailing out of the Owner’s Manual sailing advice; sailing with more sail area than allowed on the Owner’s Manual sailing advice; powering against sea and wind for a long time at 30° off the true wind; sailing in very shallow waters to a point where waves could end up in occasional groundings; anchoring in very shallow waters to a point where waves could end up in occasional groundings; grounding; tightening the rig out of the mast manufacturer specification and improper haul out and storage.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 10:10   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
From what I understand not all. If you don’t meet certain criteria you have to pay for the repair, such as not using your 450 in a “normal” manner. Of course Lagoon defines “normal”.

Lagoon said it will support each Lagoon 450 owner whose boat was subject to ‘normal use’.

Examples of abnormal use include: sailing out of the Owner’s Manual sailing advice; sailing with more sail area than allowed on the Owner’s Manual sailing advice; powering against sea and wind for a long time at 30° off the true wind; sailing in very shallow waters to a point where waves could end up in occasional groundings; anchoring in very shallow waters to a point where waves could end up in occasional groundings; grounding; tightening the rig out of the mast manufacturer specification and improper haul out and storage.
Do you know of a non insurance totaled 450 that Lagoon hasn’t repaired?
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 10:16   #123
smj

Quote:
Do you know of a non insurance totaled 450 that Lagoon hasn’t repaired?

Not personally but have heard of some complaining on Facebook about it.
Old 27-07-2022, 10:18   #124

Quote:
Not personally but have heard of some complaining on Facebook about it.
I’m on the 450 bulkhead group and haven’t seen any reports of that. Strange.
Old 27-07-2022, 10:21   #125
smj

Quote:
I’m on the 450 bulkhead group and haven’t seen any reports of that. Strange.

Maybe more searching?
I posted the Lagoon response on here and to me it appears they will only cover boats that have been tied up to a marina or very lightly sailed.
Old 27-07-2022, 10:23   #126

Quote:
Maybe more searching?
I posted the Lagoon response on here and to me it appears they will only cover boats that have been tied up to a marina or very lightly sailed.
You know that’s not the case.
Old 27-07-2022, 10:25   #127

Boat: Custom 28' Power Catamaran

Equally concerning as the bulkheads is the video clip, about 5 minutes in, of the parents letting their toddler lean over the rear railing and bang on the BBQ…..sans life vest. Way offshore.
massnspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 10:34   #128
smj

Quote:
You know that’s not the case.

Just read quite a few FB posts talking about their out of pocket expenses to get the bulkhead fixed. Maybe Lagoon will send the kit for free but not pay for labor on those they find to be not normal?
Old 27-07-2022, 14:48   #129

Boat: currently boatless

Quote:
Just read quite a few FB posts talking about their out of pocket expenses to get the bulkhead fixed. Maybe Lagoon will send the kit for free but not pay for labor on those they find to be not normal?
Gday SMJ, can you point me in the direction of the Facebook site you are talking about regarding SN out of pocket expenses to fix bulkheads. Its probably me but I have scoured the only FB page and posts regarding this issue and I can find no mention of what the identified damage is or suspected costs. In regard to the fix by Lagoon, I really dont that is relevant given the current unknown nature of the alleged damage and also two totally different boats and build.

Many thanks
Ozsailer
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 15:18   #130
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsailer View Post
Gday SMJ, can you point me in the direction of the Facebook site you are talking about regarding SN out of pocket expenses to fix bulkheads. Its probably me but I have scoured the only FB page and posts regarding this issue and I can find no mention of what the identified damage is or suspected costs. In regard to the fix by Lagoon, I really dont that is relevant given the current unknown nature of the alleged damage and also two totally different boats and build.

Many thanks

Ozsailer

I wasn’t talking about SN, I was talking about the 450 bulkhead problems.
Old 27-07-2022, 18:09   #131

Quote:
I wasn’t talking about SN, I was talking about the 450 bulkhead problems.
my apologies, my misunderstanding

Ozsailer
Old 27-07-2022, 18:15   #132
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsailer View Post
my apologies, my misunderstanding

Ozsailer

No problem, when it comes to misunderstanding I could consider myself an authority!
Old 31-07-2022, 11:06   #133
smj

The latest from Nahoa.

https://youtu.be/y2onUQpc7vU
Kind of vague and I’m sure people will interpret it in different ways.
Old 31-07-2022, 16:08   #134

As SMJ stated in his last post Sailing Nahoa lastest Video is somewhat vague, actually IMO it is so lacking on content to border on highly questionable. In regards to my past post I attempted to reach out to Sailing Nahoa via personal message and via Facebook (on several occasions) to ascertain their welfare and also where they were up to with repairing the alleged broken bulkheads. I did not receive one reply. Read what you will into that.
In the latest video there are huge alarm bells going off for me regarding their claims. Here is what I posted to the youtube page

"Sorry, but have you had a shipwright or engineer look at your boat yet. Where are the photos or video of the broken bulkhead or written reports showing the damage. Bulkheads are not tongue and groove. !!!!! They are solid pieces of normally structural marine ply (in Lagoon 410s). Are you making assessment based on no professional inspection. From what I can see (and I stand corrected if wrong) but have you physically pulled your boat out of the water to do a full inspection of the alleged damage and work out if the boat is out of alignment. Personally there is no way in hell I would be leaving my boat on the water with suspected serious bulkhead damage and without a formal assessment particularly for the amount of time you are indicating you will be away (1 or 2 months). As a former 410 I am really struggling with your claims which are not being backed up by actual evidence. Maybe its just me, but knowing the Lagoon 410 intimately I know I would have had the boat on the hard double quick time and stripped the boat down to find what I considered the issue and then have a shipwright/engineer check the boat as well.

I know, I didnt pull any punches but if you are going to make claims like this please back it up with factual evidence ( As Colin form Parely Revival did) Their claim may well be correct but to date there is actually no evidence to back it up. I also note that while they have been in contact with Lagoon it is quite evident they have not contacted any shipwright or engineer to assess the issue. Anyone else seeing what Im seeing or am I just being silly.

Ozsailer
Old 31-07-2022, 16:16   #135

Boat: 1968 Venture 21

Quote:
The latest from Nahoa.

https://youtu.be/y2onUQpc7vU
Kind of vague and I’m sure people will interpret it in different ways.
I watched it and all I thought was they are done. Looking for an exit strategy. Just my opinion.
fsuklee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head, lagoon