Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2023, 16:02   #1

Boat: Leopard Catamaran
Leopard 44 cabintop dimensions for solar

Hi, can anyone help me?

I just spent several days measuring the top of my cabin for a solar panel installation, and carefully taking pictures with a ruler, and saving to my phone. Then flew out of state, and dropped my phone in the water.

Now I'm trying to order the panels, and verify panel dimensions, but I can't seem to find any online information on Leopard cabin top area.

I remember one of the measurements was 108 inches, and I believe that was from Mainsheet blocks to the ridge by the steps on the port side top.

I am building a frame from U strut to support them, and could overhang the edge a small amount like up to 6 inches, and for several reasons I don't want them to protrude under the boom, or across an 18 inch walkway by helm.

Also the overhead hatch is in that area.

For this reason I think I remember a 200 to 300 watt panel would be best as I could arrange as necessary to fit.

I see the Renogy 450 PERC are on sale right now 33% off which is a substantial savings.

Just will they fit?
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabin, leopard, men, solar