Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2021, 18:19   #16

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Looking for cat surveyor in Nassau/Bahamas/cat from DreamYachtCharter Guadelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Looks like things didn't go well for CapnR. It's a shame, I was rootin for him.
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...232097-18.html

Things went well.
From the first contact with the arrogant broker from DYC everything felt wrong and my gut told me to stay away. but deal and price for a 2014 seemed too good not to try...

Found a great surveyor who had a 1,5h pre survey on the Mahe and discovered even worse then I expected. He perfectly done his job and the 300$ I paid were very well invested.

One thing are the damages on the boat they are lying about (this is a common illness in boat sales) but DYC criminal behaviour with parting out boats for sale and safe this way on maintenance is beyond any I would deal with...
If anyone needs a good surveyor in the Bahamas shout me a PN, happy tp share his contact details, take guts and honesty to report that.

Had in parallel another Mahe and that worked out very well, precontracted and pending final survey. here I am not worried at all about the survey. everything fits from broker contact, provided documentation, equipment lists, pictures, described usage (very light for 7years from 1st owner) originsl 400h on the first engines, well documented and proofable, got even a copy of the logbook).
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Bahamas, survey, yacht, nassau, surveyor