Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2016, 14:19   #1

Looking to buy Lagoon 410

Hi folks , I'am look ing to buy a Lagoon 410 Shaft Drive I will consider all years and condition .

Pat
pkgold94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 17:18   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck
Re: Looking to buy Lagoon 410

Pat, As far as I know they didn't make a 410 with shaft drive. Are you thinking of the Lagoon 42 TPI?
Old 03-01-2017, 05:51   #3

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

It's been a few years since we sold our 410 but I am quite sure that the user manual included some figures and sketches of a direct shaft drive version. That was an early 1999 version, maybe they dumped that option soon after.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:07   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Pat.

http://www.mooringsbrokerage.com/use...df/3601194.pdf

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 17:00   #5

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning

Somewhere I have a picture of an early 410 dried on a mud flat (in Europe, I think in England). It clearly has shaft drives. I was surprised, but that proved to me that at least one exists. I've pined for a 410 for a long time and from what I've seen I'll bet shaft drives are very rare. (Unfortunatley I'm not in the market anymore)

BTW where are all the 410s? There used to be a couple (or 3) dozen listed on YW at all times. Now its usually less than 10.

BTW.2, you should post this query on the Lagoon section in the Manufactures part of this forum.
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 00:40   #6

Boat: Lagoon 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlindahl View Post
BTW where are all the 410s? There used to be a couple (or 3) dozen listed on YW at all times. Now its usually less than 10.
There are at least 3 L410 at The Boat Works, Coomera, AUS. Have seen many in mid-Pacific
django37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:26   #7

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning

Thank you Django.

What I was referring to is the smaller number of 410s for sale now, compared to when they were being sold off from the charter fleets just a few years ago.

They are out there sailing and people are hanging on to them!

Or maybe there are more private sales now vs the high profile advertising & broker effort to move dozens of them out of the charter fleets quickly. I still like the boat but may settle for a FP Mahe. I want to use my current trimaran a bit more before I think of making a change.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:12   #8

Boat: Catalina 470

I was on one in Phuket two mths ago, pristine condition. If you look on yachthub I think its there, red sail covers. Does it have to be local? Ive got the guys email somewhere if you can't find ad.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:18   #9

Quote:

Or maybe there are more private sales now vs the high profile advertising & broker effort to move dozens of them out of the charter fleets quickly. I still like the boat but may settle for a FP Mahe. I want to use my current trimaran a bit more before I think of making a change.
I guess it's always the case when charter companies release their fleets. Private sales are lower profile and possibly rare because once in private hands these boats aren't sold quickly.

Funny... I owned a 410 and a Mahe. Both nice boats but very different.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:54   #10

Rabbi,

I think we traded PMs a while back regarding your 410 purchase. Then you sold it just a few years later to get a Mahe. Your other posts kind of fleshed out your story. Now I see you have a L380. Wow, 3 large cats in 5 years. I admire your quick footedness. Whats the story on the 380? Did you not need the room of the 410?

Cheers.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:52   #11

Quote:
Rabbi,

I think we traded PMs a while back regarding your 410 purchase. Then you sold it just a few years later to get a Mahe. Your other posts kind of fleshed out your story. Now I see you have a L380. Wow, 3 large cats in 5 years. I admire your quick footedness. Whats the story on the 380? Did you not need the room of the 410?

Cheers.
Well there were reasons for these quick changes.
The L410 was bought to do a 1 year sabbatical trip from the Med to the Caribbean. We never intended to sail her back and so we sold in the Caribbean. Mission accomplished!

Back at home in the treadmill I soon got an itch for another boat so I scratched. This time just for holiday sailing in the Med. I even looked at power boats! On a trip home from viewing a disastrous excharter lagoon I took the opportunity to check out a Mahe that I found by accident and an hour later I had a deal. We did lots of improvements and enjoyed her for three seasons.
Then our family thought about another long trip, ideally two years into the Pacific and the Mahe is in my view too small for the payload required. At that time I had been helping another forum member to check out most if not all Mahe within Europe without much luck. When we finally decided to sell in early 2016 he quickly raise his hand to buy.

I looked for a Lipari, a Lagoon 410 or a Lagoon 400 for most of 2016 but not much luck. Then life kept changing once again and now some family issue makes a long trip impossible for the next years. My kids are deeply in love with the cruising lifestyle and we need another boat for holiday season. So I added smaller boats to my shopping list. After viewing lots of bad examples (and starting to hate cheating brokers and owners) I found a nice but somewhat neglected 2008 one-owner L380 S2 that badly needs some love. That deal took forever to close but I just took possession today.
So I have a new project to take on! New electronics, props, watermaker, solar, etc and lots of elbow grease.

So that's three boats in 6 years. Not much of this was planned long term, I just go with the flow
Old 10-01-2017, 15:08   #12

I like the way you go with the flow. Nothing beats messing around in boats, especially if ones family is into it. Congratulations on the new boat.

Tags
lagoon