Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 15:48   #31

Boat: Spirited 380 Catamaran
Re: Malcom Tennant Sailing Cats

Richard, that would not contribute to a slack forestay. Have the shrouds and stays stretched or too long to start with? The other cause could be the whole structure twisting as the GBE and Turrismo use aluminium beams bolted to the hulls, if there is movement, it may result in slackening of the forestay.

Peter
spiritcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 14:07   #32

Well, I think Its sorted out. There is a Jack screw underneath the mast step that I tightened up, then retionsioned the rig. The rudder was much moore balanced today! I think adding gudgeon spacers to the top gudgeons to more the CLR forward will help alot too, thanks for the great tip!

One more thing though. Today sailing in about 15 knots, I found that the mast would rotate too much, causing the diamonds to become ineffective. The mast would then begin to buckle, Scary!

I know must cats with a boom have a arm with a toggle which can be tightened on the boom which straightens out the mast. But on the wishbone rig, so such arm exists. How do you guys keep it from over rotating?

Thanks! Shes a fast boat!
can603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 14:22   #33

If you havent got a boom to attach your rotation spanner to put it on the very bottom of the mast and make control lines to this from the main beam. You do need a separate one for port and stbd but once they are set you rarely need to adjust them. Also consider a front facing diamond on the rig to stiffen it up - makes a huge difference and doesnt really get in the way of the jib.
- photos as soon as I can find them
vorpal blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 09:51   #34

Boat: Hedley Nicol Vagabond MK2, 37'

I saw this thread while trying to find information on the Tennant Rigger design. I've sent KaveingaMax a PM asking about sailing and cruising this design. Does anyone else have any experience? What are peoples experiences in dealing with the design office now that Malcom is gone? I've used their contact form but haven't heard back from them. Any information is appreciated.
Cavalier MK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 16:18   #35

Boat: Catana, Tennant "Dakota 33", C-Dory 19, X-Cat, etc.

Hey Cav,

You may want to try posting this on the steamradio multihulls list. Roy Mills or Bill Gibbs may have some insight. I have a Tennant design (Dakota 33) with a rotating mast, but I am unfamiliar with the "Rigger" design.

Roy and Bill also hang out at the multihulls forum at sailing anarchy.

-charles
myosys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 20:29   #36

Boat: Seawind 1160, 38 foot
Send a message via Skype™ to Mick C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier MK2
I saw this thread while trying to find information on the Tennant Rigger design. I've sent KaveingaMax a PM asking about sailing and cruising this design. Does anyone else have any experience? What are peoples experiences in dealing with the design office now that Malcom is gone? I've used their contact form but haven't heard back from them. Any information is appreciated.
I have had dealings with the Tennant Design office. Tony [Stanton ?] is the contact there, very helpful and I have no problem recommending their services
Mick
Old 27-01-2012, 22:45   #37

Boat: Hedley Nicol Vagabond MK2, 37'

Thanks Charles ans Mick, I'll follow the steamradio suggestion and look into the anarchists, and give Tony more time. I received study plans a year or 2 ago but my inquiries since haven't gotten a response though the last just went out within the last few days. I'm still hoping to hear from KavingaMax as well.
Cavalier MK2 is offline   Reply With Quote