Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2018, 05:30   #31

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Mini-washer Daewoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
On a large mono I'd go for a full washer. On a light cat such a 60kg beast is IMO too heavy, so this Daewoo is better suited for a cat.
In fact I almost bought one off ebay recently.
Actually 60 kgs is quite a weight even on a medium sized mono and would cause me to think twice, whilst something like the Panda above or a similar derivative weighs in at 20 kgs is more more appropriate.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 07:04   #32

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Quote:
Let me re-format my answer

On a large mono I'd go for a full washer. On a light cat such a 60kg beast is IMO too heavy, so this Daewoo is better suited for a cat.

In fact I almost bought one off ebay recently.
I agree 60kg definitely gives one a 'Hmmm that's kind of heavy' thought, but it depends what is considered a light cat, and where the other weight is. Many wouldn't consider a Lagoon (any model) light, but would still recognise the need to keep weight within the manufacture's limits. That being said, you would probably not have a washing machine aboard unless you had a water maker. In that case, just carry 60l less water in the tanks and the washing machine is free weight.

Similarly, many people have huge battery banks, it's easy to save weight by reducing the size the bank (my trojan's weight 30kg each and need to be in series to make 12v), and instead adding a small generator at between 15-20kg.

P.S I too had been looking at this Daewoo, but I didn't find it available at reasonable cost in Europe. If anyone knows an online retailer listing them, please point me in the right direction.
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 08:28   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post
P.S I too had been looking at this Daewoo, but I didn't find it available at reasonable cost in Europe. If anyone knows an online retailer listing them, please point me in the right direction.
There are a bunch on eBay at USD630 and USD10 shipped globally from Korea but go to the Aussie site, it's cheaper.
fivecapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 12:29   #34

Boat: RM 1200

Hi.
Have been using the Daewoo 301wp since last september. Very satisfied. I think Zai nailed electric and water consumption pretty good. I run ours off the inverter from the batterybank without problems. Drains by gravity, I have led the drain tube into the shower and drain it from there. You have to spilt the bed-set in 2 or 3, but every wash is less than 30 mins, so gods quite fast non the less. Also means you actually get to wash the stuff you do not have enough of to fill a normal machine. Ordered mine of eBay, no retailer stock these anywhere near.
Tabaqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 01:14   #35

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecapes View Post
There are a bunch on eBay at USD630 and USD10 shipped globally from Korea but go to the Aussie site, it's cheaper.
Yeah, that means importing it though, so expect another 20% tax on top of that price. Plus customs fees. I was looking for a European reseller.
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 02:37   #36

Boat: Catana 47 hull no 1 ex Leopard 40 (2009) & Crownline 250CR

I bought mine through amazon direct from Korea which cost $30 in shipping. It arrived in South Africa and I was not even charged duties so I was very [emoji2]
MikeFergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 02:46   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post

Here you go, Carrefour online, €369,99 +€19,99 delivered anywhere in France, by apointment in front of your adress. https://www.rueducommerce.fr/produit...2#xtor=CS3-911

Just enter any french port and have it delivered quaiside. If far away from France take a cheap flight to anywhere in France and return with it as luggage either by plane (it's small and light enough to do this, 55x60x29cm +packaging and 18kg brutto, put the original box it into a big soft bag ) or by bus.
Rumpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 03:32   #38

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpi View Post
Here you go, Carrefour online, €369,99 +€19,99 delivered anywhere in France, by apointment in front of your adress. https://www.rueducommerce.fr/produit...2#xtor=CS3-911
good deal. matches the best I have seen so far, except the one coming out of a dealer showroom @250 Euro - but they would not DHL it to me :-(
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 06:54   #39

Yes, a good deal because they are probably NOS. Daewoo now has 3 generations of the Mini.
1. gen I linked above has a metallic ring door and is A+.
2. gen has a square all glass door, and is A++. Available in France from Darty €499. https://www.darty.com/nav/achat/gros...mini_3_kg.html

3. gen has a round all glass door with integrated touchscreen. The only button is an on/off under the door. Capacity increases to 3,5kg. This generation also has the first washer/dryer combo (3,5kg washing/1,5kg drying). It is around 5cm bigger all around then the wash only model and 5kg heavyer. No european vendor known yet.

The real sweet thing for this machines would be for someone to swap/modify the driver board so that they could take 12-24V directly. They use a PM motor (aka. BLDC) wich means monophase AC is transformed to intermediate DC then to three phase AC then a VFD drives the motor as the control board directs. Unfortunatley the market is so small that the only hope is an engineer with to much time on his hands, and even this only if Daewoo did separate driver and controll boards.
Rumpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 12:06   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpi View Post
3. gen has a round all glass door with integrated touchscreen. The only button is an on/off under the door. Capacity increases to 3,5kg. This generation also has the first washer/dryer combo (3,5kg washing/1,5kg drying). It is around 5cm bigger all around then the wash only model and 5kg heavyer. No european vendor known yet.
I've seen 3kg (no mention of dryer capacity) mentioned on a Daewoo video on YT, 3.5/1.5kg mentioned by you, and 2.5/1.0kg available for purchase [on this site in Australia](https://www.homeandrv.com.au/mini-combo-washer-dryer).

Do you know the model number of the 3.5kg unit?

I don't want to seem overly excited about laundry, but this is by far the smallest washer/ventless-dryer I've seen. Seems like a real game changer for a number of ~40' or so catamarans.
ssmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 12:49   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmoot View Post
I've seen 3kg (no mention of dryer capacity) mentioned on a Daewoo video on YT, 3.5/1.5kg mentioned by you, and 2.5/1.0kg available for purchase [on this site in Australia](https://www.homeandrv.com.au/mini-combo-washer-dryer).

Do you know the model number of the 3.5kg unit?

I don't want to seem overly excited about laundry, but this is by far the smallest washer/ventless-dryer I've seen. Seems like a real game changer for a number of ~40' or so catamarans.
Ouch, at this price the washer-dryer should at least do acceptable coffe and excellent eggs or breakfast.

The 3kg washer only unit is much more reasonable. Pricing seems to be very "flexible" depending on the market. I have seen it for sale in germany for 700 Euro, in France for 330, and in Litavia for 210 Euro.

The washer unit is a perfect fit for the wall behind & above the starboard toilet in a 380 (the side without holding tank in many 380s).
Old 23-10-2018, 19:13   #42

Quote:
Ouch, at this price the washer-dryer should at least do acceptable coffe and excellent eggs or breakfast.
It does seem pretty pricey. But not more so than a fancy front-loading washer for home on land.

I don’t know that it’s necessary since I’ve never actually done laundry on a boat, but I assumed that at least every once in awhile it might be nice to dry your clothes inside (that’s a genuine question, no snark intended)? Is salt mist not really ever a concern when line drying in the cockpit?
Old 24-10-2018, 01:25   #43

We never had a tumble dryer onboard and never missed it. As long as the clothes are relatively dry (spin dryer) they dry very quick in the sun. Not much salt in the air on a calm sunny day.
Old 24-10-2018, 06:12   #44

Quote:
We never had a tumble dryer onboard and never missed it. As long as the clothes are relatively dry (spin dryer) they dry very quick in the sun. Not much salt in the air on a calm sunny day.
Thanks for the advice!

I suppose if I ever did want that "fresh out of the dryer" feeling, I could always just use an iron.
Old 24-10-2018, 08:59   #45

Boat: Outremer 45/pdq36

I don’t worry to much about the weight of those items especially if you are on a 40 foot or so boat with just two people . We have four double cabins on our 45 and have had a guest for 10 days. We run light . I am hoping that the beko machine will fit . Happy wife happy life