Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2010, 06:43   #1

Boat: Wild Marine, Custom Cat, Wild 45, 45+/-feet - Masalama
Multihull Performance Cruising

There appears to be a number of us on the Multihull Sailboats Forum who are primarily interested in Multihull Performance Cruising, at best a distant relative of "Roomaran" Multihull Cruising (no intention of disparaging fellow sailors more interested in creature comfort than speed). Are there enough of us primarily interested in Multihull Performance Cruising to petition for a sub-Forum (or new Forum?) catering to our unique interests? If so, how do we go about making a request?
I would like to participate in a more focused discussion centered around designing hulls, fins, and rigs to maximize performance, weight saving measures, newer stiffer lighter materials, sails, and rigging, modifying our multi's for better performance, multihull performance sailing and cruising tactics, sharing information about our performance boats and fast passages, and all other aspects of going fast, and far offshore, in modern multihulls.
Am I in the right Forum, or even the right Site (or do I need to learn a little more French?)?
Our fast cat is on the hard in Texas, but will be getting wet again right after hurricane season, following a little general attention and a bit of fine tuning. I'm guess I'm just getting excited for what's coming.
dwightsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:55   #2

Location: Cruising in the SUN! Now hauled out in Malta for the winter.
Boat: 37' Oldenziel cat
Have you looked at this forum:
Multihulls - Boat Design Forums

Tags
multihull