Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2023, 09:18   #1

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning
Multihull Zoom Mtg Seattle Oct 3 Reinforcing Farrier/Corsair tris for Heavy Weather

Greetings Multihullers!

Our October 3 meeting will be a discussion led by perpetual boat improvers, Jeff O. and Vince D. They've done extensive work on their Farrier/Corsair boats and will focus on reinforcing those trimarans for extreme duty, such as the race to Alaska. They'll discuss the design and construction of the main ring frame, its connection to the hull, the lower folding struts, and strengthening rudder cassettes and daggerboard cases, among other matters.

Everyone is welcome to tune in to Zoom or come to the meeting in person. We'd love to see anyone interested in multihulls or this discussion in general. You don't have to be a member or multihull boater.

The meeting will be held at our usual place, Puget Sound Yacht Club, 2321 N. Northlake way, in Seattle, on the shores of beautiful Lake Union. We'll start at 6:15 with a potluck and meet and greet session. A short business meeting will start at 7:00. Skip the pot luck if you want and just come to the presentation a few minutes after that. We'll endeavor to have the Zoom broadcast up and running a bit before 7:00 for anyone who wishes to join that way.

We do post the presentations on our Utube channel a few days later. Link here. Announcements and occasional member stories are on our website, link here.

I find links are a little wonky on Cruisers Forum so you may have to copy and paste the URLs ,or what ever they are, below and above to get to us. Boomer Sigh. We hope you can make it.

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8895287501...BDOGV5SW53dz09

Meeting ID: 889 5287 5016

Passcode: 1537

Or Dial by your location
• +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
• +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
* +1 438 809 7799 Canada
* +52 554 169 6926 Mexico
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2023, 11:53   #2

Boat: Corsair 24, Creekmore 40
Re: Multihull Zoom Mtg Seattle Oct 3 Reinforcing Farrier/Corsair tris for Heavy Weath

Is this recording available? The most recent recording on YouTube is from May 2023.
Old 17-10-2023, 22:06   #3

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning
Re: Multihull Zoom Mtg Seattle Oct 3 Reinforcing Farrier/Corsair tris for Heavy Weath

Usually is but I was camping that week so I don't know. I'll nudge our techie. Our core group is pretty small and sometimes they don't get right to it.
Old 18-10-2023, 09:15   #4

Boat: Chris White Voyager 48

Also, we don't normally have meetings over the summer.
Old 18-10-2023, 21:27   #5

Ryan, Our techie is waiting for "multi-factor Identification", what ever that is, from another member of the team. We're not pros and some of us are still working or on vacation or what ever and can't get to it right away. The recording will show up. My guess is within the week.
Old 26-10-2023, 10:59   #6

Ryan, I was just notified that the utube on the Oct meeting is up and viewable. This should work
Old 28-10-2023, 14:30   #7

To follow up. I missed this meeting and after reviewing the recording I have to say the audio is pretty poor for most of this. I'll apologize for the club. I'm going to recommend we see if that can be fixed, maybe a better microphone or means of getting better audio from the online folks. The host, Vince, could be heard fairly well but not all the time. Unfortunately if even just a few words are garbled then the entire meaning is lost and you don't get to learn anything. Vince mentions the notes for the meeting and they can be found on our website Click the meeting announcement for the date, then click "find out more", then scroll down to the link(s) under the first paragraph. I did learn a few things but its frustrating to miss so much of what fixes these experienced but mostly amateurs did to beef up their boats. If you would like to learn more PM me and I can probably get you in touch with the main presenters.

Tags
corsair, hull, multihull, seattle, weather