Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2014, 05:43   #91

Boat: having an Isara 45 cat built
Re: OMG! We're about to build an Isara 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllesBelles View Post
Bry,

By the way, I just looked through my Annapolis Sail Show list of boat exhibitors and didn't see Isara on the list. I had thought they were going to have the 50 in the show but I guess not. Well, next year we should be seeing the 45...good things will be worth waiting for.
Thanks Elles! Hey, earlier this week I communicated with Cris Jackman, the owner of Isara Yachts, and with our broker Graham Stimson. They were both in Annapolis with Hull #1 of the Isara 50 and will be in the show with that boat. That happens to the very boat that convinced my wife and I to build an Isara. Be sure to look under cushions, inside cupboards, under floor boards....that's where you can really see the quality of the boat. She's more than just a pretty face as you'll see. Enjoy the show! ~Bryan
bryguy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:25   #92
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

So you're a year in on your "build" and the boat isn't even designed yet?
Old 09-10-2014, 18:23   #93

Boat: Antares 44i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryguy67 View Post
Thanks Elles! Hey, earlier this week I communicated with Cris Jackman, the owner of Isara Yachts, and with our broker Graham Stimson. They were both in Annapolis with Hull #1 of the Isara 50 and will be in the show with that boat. That happens to the very boat that convinced my wife and I to build an Isara. Be sure to look under cushions, inside cupboards, under floor boards....that's where you can really see the quality of the boat. She's more than just a pretty face as you'll see. Enjoy the show! ~Bryan
Yes, we were on her today. She's looking great. The teak has aged beautifully. Cris said she's been in this area and she is bound for the Virgin Islands. It was great to see a 50 with full rigging (the 50 in Miami didn't have the mast on yet).
EllesBelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 16:57   #94

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F

Quote:
I was in annapolis, and I did not see an ISARA there... where were they hiding it?
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 17:04   #95

Boat: Seawind 1160 Lite

Isara was sitting at the end of Ego Alley up near main street, on the side closest to Compromise St. They were next to the Dream Yacht Charter folks. It took us forever to locate them on Saturday.

The 50 is definitely a beautiful boat. Hope to see the 45 there next year.
indimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 17:26   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimini View Post
Isara was sitting at the end of Ego Alley up near main street, on the side closest to Compromise St. They were next to the Dream Yacht Charter folks. It took us forever to locate them on Saturday.

The 50 is definitely a beautiful boat. Hope to see the 45 there next year.
oh NO!!! I can't believe I missed her! I was hoping to see her finished with the standing rigging done. crud! We didn't go down there because we thought it was just charters. Strange place to put them.. but.. well.. darn!
Old 30-10-2014, 05:25   #97

So many cruisers give the advice of "just go!" We've been planning for 10 years and are soooo ready to JUST GO. Our house and our Lake Michigan boat are both sold, I sold my business, my wife is retiring and with cold Winter weather approaching and more boat construction delays we got a bit itchy. My crazy meter has been pegged once again, because we are now buying a used cat in the Caribbean and going sailing this Winter. Like...soon! We leave in 12 days in fact. The plan is to sell the used cat when the new boat is complete and move from one cat to the other. Sure, we may lose money on the used cat...but if we rented a cottage in a warm climate this Winter that would have cost money too. Now all of the pressure of getting the new cat built is relieved. When it's done, it's done. Ahhhhh. We did recently get some photos of Hull #1 of the Isara 45 in the mold (we are hull 3), so things are progressing.

Our adventure can be followed on my blog:
www.sailblogs.com/member/sailingeuphoria
Old 30-10-2014, 06:52   #98

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

What did you buy?
Old 30-10-2014, 08:21   #99

Boat: Antares 44i

Quote:
So many cruisers give the advice of "just go!" We've been planning for 10 years and are soooo ready to JUST GO. Our house and our Lake Michigan boat are both sold, I sold my business, my wife is retiring and with cold Winter weather approaching and more boat construction delays we got a bit itchy. My crazy meter has been pegged once again, because we are now buying a used cat in the Caribbean and going sailing this Winter. Like...soon! We leave in 12 days in fact. The plan is to sell the used cat when the new boat is complete and move from one cat to the other. Sure, we may lose money on the used cat...but if we rented a cottage in a warm climate this Winter that would have cost money too. Now all of the pressure of getting the new cat built is relieved. When it's done, it's done. Ahhhhh. We did recently get some photos of Hull #1 of the Isara 45 in the mold (we are hull 3), so things are progressing.

Our adventure can be followed on my blog:
www.sailblogs.com/member/sailingeuphoria
Congrats Bryan! Sounds like a good plan. I'm going to follow your blog.
EllesBelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 13:39   #100
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40

Yes Brian, congrats to you and your wife as you embark on your new lives. Sounds like a great plan - especially with, as you say, winter almost upon is here in the north!

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 00:35   #101

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
What did you buy?
Yes. What used cat did you buy. Cheers
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 14:48   #102

Thanks guys! We're pretty stoked. We are buying a 10 year old, 40 foot Fountaine Pajot (photo on blog)
Old 07-11-2014, 09:15   #103

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Thanks guys! We're pretty stoked. We are buying a 10 year old, 40 foot Fountaine Pajot (photo on blog)
congrats, nice boat!!

does getting a "temporary boat" mean you have written off the Isara? I mean your first post on the Isara is 16months old...
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:53   #104

Of course not...The Isara will be the next stage of our adventure. We just aren't going to wait around for the delays that come with designing and constructing a model. We leave in 3 days
Old 08-11-2014, 10:20   #105

Quote:
Of course not...The Isara will be the next stage of our adventure. We just aren't going to wait around for the delays that come with designing and constructing a model. We leave in 3 days
You need to start a new thread where you can post about your adventures as you set off!! it would be so fun to follow you as you go!