Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 15:33   #1

Boat: Island Packet 420
Pacific NW Cat owners

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but any cat owners located in the Pacific North West that might be willing to let my wife and I come check out their boats? We're leaning towards getting a cat as our next boat, and are just now starting the research process. We were able to get on a few boats at the Seattle Boat show, but we know we're not going to buy a new boat so would like to try to find a variety of different models to try to step foot on. Eventually we'll try to charter a few of our favorites, but I'm hoping this will give us a chance to see some in person before then. I will happily treat any owners to dinner, and if interested would be more than willing to show them around our (power) boat.

Thanks!
blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 17:08   #2

Boat: Chris White Voyager 48
Re: Pacific NW Cat owners

Northwest Multihull Association meets Tuesday, Feb 7, at 6:30 in the Puget Sound Yacht Club, 2321 N. Northlake Way, Seattle. There will be a couple of cat owners attending.

Cheers,

Old 03-02-2017, 02:37   #3

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning

The NW Multihull Assn has a website you can look over NWMA No charge for guests or drop ins. Come join us.

Also meetings are an optional potluck dinner so bring something simple if you want to do that. Most do, but some abstain. Most just get something at the supermarket but home cooked stuff is even better.

Eating or not, we all sit around and chat before the program, which this month is a live auction of what ever boat stuff you want to get rid of. There can be great deals.
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:43   #4

Boat: Island Packet 420

Thanks for the info on the NW multihull association; I'm glad to see that there's a local group.

I may try to make it to a meeting sometime, but we live on the other side of the water and don't get off work until 5; so might be hard to make it by 6:30. We also get up at 4:30AM for work, so staying out until 10 or later is really hard . Stupid work, getting in the way of what I actually want to do
blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 22:26   #5

Boat: Seawind cat 1160

You can check out our Seawind 1160 at San Juan sailing in Bellingham.
fnertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:57   #6

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning

fnertz,

Good to know, sounds like a new fleet addition, yours I take it. I've chartered cats from them a couple times and probably will again
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 06:27   #7

Windworks Sailing at Shilshole marina in Seattle has a Lagoon 400 in their charter fleet.
jschuchat is offline   Reply With Quote